Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » limit bandwidth on internal network via ip
  •  
nerdyone255

Send a private message to this user
im trying to limit external bandwidth of a client on my internal network via ip address. im not using userlogin for this station to the connect appliance.

just want to throttle the download rate of this one ip address so that it doesnt kill my overall network speed.

is it possible to apply bandwidth rules to the traffic of an internal ip address, and if so, how?

thank you in advance pros!
  •  
silars

Create a user and use the "Automatic login" feature under the "IP Addresses" tab. Under "Specific host IP Addresses" enter the IP address you want to manage.

From there, you should be able to apply all sorts of rules to that specific machine.

I haven't used any bandwidth rules, but that is how I manage traffic rules and the like against hosts that don't have domain logins (gaming platforms, printers, etc.).
  •  
nerdyone255

worked like a charm!

thanks !!!
  •  
mzaaa

Kindly explain this procedure step by step with images.I will be very thankful for.I have Kerio Control v7.3

Best Of Luck
  •  
gbg96

in the 7.x versions you could perfectly create rules for ip range , but these donkeys removed that function , it is a silly thing they did Evil or Very Mad
  •  
gbg96

in the 7.x versions you could perfectly create rules for ip range , but these donkeys removed that function , it is a silly thing they did Evil or Very Mad
  •  
ksnyder

Hee haw, hee haw. If you build an IP address group and add that group to an ALLOW traffic rule, you can then use that traffic rule within bandwidth management and QoS. The result is the ability to limit bandwidth on desired networks/interfaces by IP address.

Ken Snyder
  •  
gbg96

that you say no longer works in the 8.x versions
I am 9 years kerio driving , and until version 7.x could that way.
Previous Topic: IPSec - Kerio & AWS
Next Topic: Pitney Bowes postage machine
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Apr 30 22:41:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01992 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.