Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Blocking, Skype (About Blocking)
  •  
KerioControl

Send a private message to this user
Hi Everyone

I'm playing with kerio in trial mode.... and mastered many things...
at first i noticed that kerio has built in filter (but as i know you have to pay additionally for it)
then i tried to block chat and other social (Facebook, Twitter etc.)sites by url filters and did everything without any problem... you can block everything by ip or by url using wildcards "*" ".*
you can create white and black lists, access lists....
waw it is very super.... I liked this soft very much....

P.S. But I couldn't block skype
is there any solution to block skype by kerio, I tried many things, but not worked (I identifyed and then tried to block all the ips on which skype was connecting, but every time it gets new ips, tried to block by ports, but it uses if needed 80 and 443 ssl, so it can't be blocked by ports)

Suggest what to do?
  •  
silars

Have you attempted to use the P2P Eliminator?

I've heard Skype is notoriously difficult to stop due to all the ways it will attempt to connect to the network. I have yet to try.

You may have to be very aggressive on the settings.
  •  
KerioControl

Hello Silars...

I did many tests... Here is what i did (Partly and all togather)

1. I Identifyied all the IPs on which skype was connecting
2. Blocked By P2P Eliminator
3. Also Blocked URL Access By Wildcards
4. Also I blocked connection from my lan to external IPs (for example: If user types in URL address bar google.com of course it will open, but if user types in URL address bar 173.194.70.102 - it is google.com IP it will be blocked).

After this attempts, The skype couldn't login about 10-15 minutes, but lately it logged successfully...
So I did my best, I tried everything what KerioConnect can.....

If I missed or not configured something incorrectly, please explain..

With Best wishes!

Previous Topic: Urgently Need Some Help!
Next Topic: Need Your Suggestions: About Sub-netting
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 15:39:48 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00412 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.