Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Account Assistant issue
  •  
smile_dav

Send a private message to this user
Hi all, we are using Kerio Connect Virtual Appliance 7.3.2 and we have encountered the following issue while adding the mailboxes using the Kerio Account Assistant.

All our client devices are Mac OSX 10.7.3. When we run the Account Assistant wizard, the popup window to select which items to setup does not appear (see photo below). Because the window doesn't appear, we cannot specify the items we want to setup but the wizard completes. It does not update the kerio-connect-account-assistant.log under ~/Library/Logs in the Console application or add the mailbox, calendar or address book.

It seems as if the Kerio Account Assistant is missing a script or something. We have tried the 7.4.0 and the problem still exists. We know the account assistant is dynamically generated base on the logged in user, so we though it might be the mail antiVirus which prevents the wizard from accessing the script, but on both 7.4.0 and 7.3.2 we have tried disabling the antiVirus, and it still doesn't work.

manuals.kerio.com/connect/userguide/en/img/accountassistsele ct.png

We have contacted support regarding this issue, but after a long struggle with them, they mentioned the developers are working on it, but no date is set for the hotfix.

Just wanted to ask whether anyone else is experiencing the same issue???
I know we can manually add the mailboxes, calendar and address book, but we do not have the resources to cope with this extra task.
  •  
dahlenu

I have never got the "Kerio Connect Account Assistant" to work in OS X and I've tried it on several computers. It just says "Failed" and suggest I try again. It never explains what went wrong, so it's impossible to debug.
  •  
Tjareson

Hi there,

I've just experienced exactly the same issue here, same versions of server and client.
What I've noticed is that (as my Mac is setup with two logins: one in German and one in English language)the languages during the installation routine of the assistant are switching between english and german, very strange. And doesn't show any question what to configure.

But I've installed successfully with the assistant on a MacBook Air, same OS version. But on the MacBook Air I've got only one language installed. Don't know if that made any difference. On the MacBook the installer was also not asking what application to configure. It just did all. I've opened a ticket as well.

Are your Macs with more than one or different languages than english? Or with more than one user account?

Tjareson

•  
coresupport

I too encountered this same issue. The problem is the VMware OVF file Kerio has on their download page is broken. If you are setting up an new server go for the VMX file and not the OVF. This has been confirmed by Kerio tech support. They say update 7.4.2 is going to supply a fix for this. I have been waiting for this fix for way too long. I have a few clients with this issue. For them I have to make a custom setup assistant package for any user who needs a Mac setup.

I have tried to figure out what is actually wrong with the Kerio OVF system but have been unsuccessful. If anyone knows of a fix please post it!

My workaround is to download the Kerio Connect Account Assistant from a working server, right click on the package and choose "Show package Contents". Then drill down and "Show package Contents" on the "Kerio_Connect_Account_Assistant.pkg". Then modify then modify the "ServerInfo.plist" file with the proper server and account info. Then run the modified assistant on the client workstation that needs setup.

Hope this helps anyone who has encountered this nonsense issue or had to pay for the (no) tech support.
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

coresupport wrote on Fri, 06 July 2012 15:46
I too encountered this same issue. The problem is the VMware OVF file Kerio has on their download page is broken. If you are setting up an new server go for the VMX file and not the OVF.

This won't help. OVF and VMX are just config files for deployment, the bug is in virtual appliance (VMDK file).

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
coresupport

Not sure if this is still true but in my testing the VMX was based on CentOS and the OVF was Debian based. So there was a difference between the two. And yes obviosly you get a VMDK file with either download.
  •  
coresupport

Ok I was wrong. Both OVF and VMX virtual appliances are now Debian based and possibly the same. So if you are setting up a new server be aware that either virtual appliance is broken.
Previous Topic: upgrade von 7.1.3 auf 7.4.1 neue Lizenz notwendig??
Next Topic: WebMail/WebMail Mini - Personality Flaw?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 10:50:26 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00476 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.