Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KerioConnect Groups (Group Membership Needs To Be Listed in Goup Properties)
  •  
BobH

Send a private message to this user
I have had many requests by users to create global groups so that members can email group members without each person having to create their own distribution lists. The groups work fine but I'm the only one who can know who is actually a member and I have to do that in the Admin Console.

I'd like to provide a way for users to view who is a member of a particular group. So far, the only way I have to do this is to export the users from the Admin Console Group Configuration screen and then open the Group in Web-Mail and paste the results into Comments section under the Details tab. This is completely manual and prone to errors over time.

Has anyone else come up with a better workaround?

Long term, I'd like to see an option in the Admin Console Edit Group - User tab where you can check a box that would export the user list to a new field in the Web-Mail Group Properties called Group Membership. I myself would like to just see group membership automatically displayed as a group property but there might be users out there that have reasons for hiding membership. Making it optional would serve both needs.
  •  
MarkK

Why don't you just setup a Contact List in Public Folders? Then all the people that have rights to the list would be able to see the membership.
  •  
BobH

Doh!

I could have stared at this for hours and not seen it. Brain fart!

Thanks.
  •  
LML ICT

I presume you mean Distribution List rather than a standard "Contacts" Subfolder. I can see how this can work - but a great deal of additional work to manage for internal groups which are handled by the directory server (OD in our case). Anyone know of any way that users can view membership of standard groups? (We use to be able to let users see in the OS X Directory App - but that has been discontinued).

Maybe this should be a feature request?

Thanks,
G
  •  
MarkK

No, I meant Contacts folder, not distribution list. Contacts will let everyone see who is in the list, and a select few edit it. Not the best answer to the OP's problem, but a valid solution that is much less work than he was doing.
  •  
LML ICT

Thanks Marks,
Then maybe this is what I'm looking for but just can't see?

How does a user see the members of a group - all I can see is the individual Group email address - no members - what am I missing?

Thnx,
G
Previous Topic: old MS Office Versions
Next Topic: Mailing List Member Archive
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 18:38:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.