Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio POP to IMAP
  •  
scoleman

Send a private message to this user
I just took over as a systems administrator for a company and they are currently using Kerio Connect for their POP3 email. I would like to migrate them to IMAP and I was wondering if I needed to do anything special other than enable the IMAP service? Once this is enabled will it disrupt all of the user's POP connections? Thanks in advance!
  •  
macparamedic

I'm presently using an IMAP and a POP account on the same user's machine to move their mail back up to the server.
I just made a new IMAP account on the client that is configured for POP.
This is on Mac in Entourage 2008 as a step toward moving to Apple Mail. The client can see both the IMAP and POP accounts.
No problems so far!
This is on KC 7.2.2
  •  
scoleman

It makes sense that the client can have a POP and IMAP account on their mail client but I was wondering how it works on the server side. I just don't want to enable IMAP and have it break all of the existing POP connections until I can move them over. Thanks!
  •  
macparamedic

You can enable IMAP on the server without breaking existing POP services.

In my experience they coexist just fine.

I'm interested to find a way to move folders and subfolders containing mail messages from a POP client back up to the server.

Some of my users have very elaborate nested folders with years of mail in Entourage on their POP account. It's pretty tedious to recreate the folders and then manually drag the content into the folders.

My plan is to use Entourage to move the mail back onto the server and then connect with Apple Mail.
Previous Topic: Subscribing to an external calendar with a pubilc calendar?
Next Topic: Error occurred during recovery process (code 14).
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 11:28:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.