Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Call Routing by extension (Call Routing)
  •  
silars

Send a private message to this user
I haven't found a way to do this, nor does this question appear to have been asked.

Essentially, I'm using Operator in a home office environment. I use one extension for the home line and the other extensions are for the business lines. Home lines are serviced by a VoIP Gateway off the PSTN, while the business lines are SIP trunks.

The complication arises on phones that have both home and office extensions. To dial using the appropriate outgoing lines, I have to use prefixs. Not ideal, but manageable.

The primary pain point is returning missed calls or dialing from directories. I'd rather not prefix the incoming calls based on received line, just makes recognizing numbers more difficult. Also, I'd rather not configure my directories to account for which lines I want to dial out.

The only way I can see to make this work is to have the ability to define call routing based on calling extension. Thus, business extensions would default to SIP trunks w/o prefix, and the home extension would default to VoIP Gateway w/o prefix.

Obviously, this would potentially be a one-to-many operation of (call routing):(extension). This is also just an issue for outgoing calls.

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

I guess your situation is something like this:

Interface_PSTN
123456 -> ext. 10

Interface_SIP
555123 -> ext. 11
555124 -> ext. 12

If you want extension to always call out from the number 123456 and still use a single dial-out prefix, then simply add both interfaces under the same prefix in outbound routes. The behavior is such that it will try to find the best route based on inbound call rules. If the extension does not have a matching inbound rule, the outbound call will use the fist number on the first interface associated with the prefix. If the first interface is busy, it will try the first number on the second interface (this is where the order of interfaces associated with the prefix comes into play).

BTW, I realize that these implicit rules for processing outbound calls are getting complex and that we need to give users a more explicit control over this, even though it means a more complicated GUI.

•  
silars

Ah, that is good to know. I do believe that does help resolve my immediate issue. I apologize if I missed that functionality in the manual.

A simplified GUI is always appreciated. But, having an "Advanced" toggle does help sort out those niche or tricky situations.

Another option that may be simpler would be a way to verify/display call routing by extension. This way an admin would be able to visually see the order of operations an extension would go through when dialing externally. While it doesn't give explicit control, it would give explicit confirmation of the current routing scheme. It would still be handy to have even if admins had more explicit control. Similar to a "show ip route" in the Cisco CLI world.
Previous Topic: Voicemail message disconnect
Next Topic: Analog Hunt Group
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 08:19:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.