Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » kerio upgrade of 6.7.3 patch 1 (Kerio upgrade to 7.3.2)
  •  
JJJCR

Send a private message to this user
hi gurus, i have a server of 6.7.3 patch 1.
And i want to upgrade to 7.3.2, are there any considerations?

OS should not be a problem because it's SUSE version 10.

i did not install the previous version nor i'm quite familiar with Linux and Kerio.

i found this guide: http manuals.kerio.com/connect/adminguide/en/sect-upgrade.html

but i think upgrading isn't as simple as that command so can anyone help on how i go through the upgrading?

i don't want to lost any data, any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.
  •  
JJJCR

•  
MarkK

I run Kerio on a Windows server box, so I can't really help with specifics on Linux. I do know that the updates to Kerio Connect itself have always gone without a hitch. The only issues I have ran in to is updating the Kerio Outlook Connector, it sometimes needs an extra click or some baby-sitting to install updates, maybe 5% of the time at most.
  •  
pcunix

You won't lose data (though obviously you should always have your Store directory backed up - silly to do anything if you do not).

Read https://kb.kerio.com/article/how-do-i-update-kerio-connect-w hen-a-new-version-is-available-451.html

There are a LOT of changes since 6.7.3 - you'll want to go over your entire admin panel after the upgrade.

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
JJJCR

Thank you for the help.
Just one more thing, will it affect the licensing if we upgrade? any thoughts about this.
  •  
JJJCR

found this on the link given by pcunix:

Your Software Maintenance expiration date can be found on the splash screen of your Kerio Connect Administration console, you are only entitled to upgrade to the latest version that your Software Maintenance was valid for.

so does it mean if i have 6.7.3 Patch 1 does it mean that i will not be entitled for the version 7 upgrade?

please help. thanks.
  •  
MarkK

If you have a current maintenance , then you can get the latest version.
  •  
JJJCR

Thanks MarkK, for your enlightenment "If you have a current maintenance , then you can get the latest version." hehe..was confused with the statement: Software Maintenance was valid for, i was telling myself what maintenance are they talking about.

I wish they should have put it in this way "Software Maintenance and License".
Anyway, Thanks again MarkK. Smile
  •  
JJJCR

hi pcunix, agree with you must back up just in case anything goes wrong. Cross fingers it will go without a hitch. Wink
Previous Topic: Tab Key in IE and message body issue
Next Topic: Interesting restore of Kerio Connect to spare server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 18:46:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00439 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.