Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SMTP forward on Domain
  •  
rickitambo

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

we have a family domain, but not all members use the kerio server. When I write an email to a family member who does not use the kerio server, kerio obviously tells me, that this user does not exist on on the server and that the email cannot be delivered.

I was told, that I can solve this through in the
domain->forward tab
and forward it to another host. Which host can I use though?

Is there any other way to solve this?

Thanks!
  •  
BudDurland

You have to send it to the host that accepts mail for the non-Kerio using members of your family. Alternately, if the non-Kerio members actually use some other mail service, such as gmail, you could use aliases. You should be able to create an alias for 'John@thesmiths.com' that really points to 'John.Smith<_at_>gmail.com', and the kerio server will send the mail off as appropriate.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
rickitambo

Thanks for the answer!

But that would mean, that I have to set up a user for everybody that has a gmail account, or am I understanding something wrong?
  •  
rickitambo

•  
BudDurland

rickitambo wrote on Thu, 12 April 2012 16:19

But that would mean, that I have to set up a user for everybody that has a gmail account, or am I understanding something wrong?

Yes, unless there is another server handling mail for <family.domain>, in which case you just need the IP address or host name of that server, then configure your server as you outlined in the original message

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
Previous Topic: Multiple Kerio Accounts
Next Topic: Tab Key in IE and message body issue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 02:17:58 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00441 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.