Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » IMPORTANT: Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Service Pack 2 (Breaks Kerio sync completely. )
  •  
rrisdal

Send a private message to this user
Office
Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Service Pack 2 released 4/12/12 appears to break Kerio account sync with Outlook. After updating Office mailboxes no longer sync with Kerio.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2012 14:52] by Moderator

•  
Will Mayall

Confirmed: Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Service Pack 2 does not appear to synchronize with the Kerio server when connecting as an Exchange client.

I am running Kerio Connect 7.4.0 RC 1.

Will Mayall
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Service Pack 2 (version 14.2) is not supported with Kerio Connect at this moment.

We recommend our customers to do not install this update.
  •  
Lyle M

Thanks for the heads up! I'm glad I always check the forums prior to updating.

Sometimes I think MS does this on purpose.
  •  
jason-mac

I know this question is premature but I'd like to get a very rough indication of the time frame that we'll have to wait for a fix. Will it be a few days, a few weeks or a few months?
  •  
Kedar

jason-mac wrote on Fri, 13 April 2012 03:33
the time frame that we'll have to wait for a fix. Will it be a few days, a few weeks or a few months?

This issue will be fixed with highest priority, i.e. few days max Smile
  •  
b-tom

Thanks for the heads up!
  •  
eternlgladiator

is it really only going to take a few days to get this fixed? It took kerio almost a year to be compatible with outlook. I can get by on webmail for a few days but its going to be weeks can somebody help me figure out a fix? I've tried downgrading back but my profile still believes I'm on the new update and won't work.
  •  
sherlockjr

I had the same problem... I upgraded to Service Pack 2 (14.2) and lost my ability to sync. But here's a short-term solution that worked for me:

I created an IMAP account that works almost as well as an exchange account and is compatible with Kerio and 14.2. The one drawback is it only connects you to your mail... it doesn't synch up your contacts or calendar. But for me, that's okay until Kerio updates the software and I can go back to Exchange.
  •  
sherlockjr

Does anyone know if there is a way to export calendar and contact information via the Kerio Connect web interface? If I could export the contact info out, I could re-import it into Outlook while Exchange is not working. Please advise. Thanks.
  •  
Lyle M

You can try connecting with address book.app.

You might also be able to pull the .eml files directly from your folder on the server (if you have the appropriate access).

good luck.
  •  
spurkis

Any suggestion on downgrade if already updated?
  •  
Kedar

eternlgladiator wrote on Mon, 16 April 2012 15:38
is it really only going to take a few days to get this fixed? It took kerio almost a year to be compatible with outlook.

There is difference between complete implementation of EWS protocol and fixing of changed behaviour in this protocol. Wink

Technically:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2685940/en-us
This update introduces a new sync model for Exchange. The new model enables Outlook for Mac to download an email message in parts. For example, Outlook for Mac first downloads and displays message text and then downloads large images and attachments.
  •  
meartechnology

Is there really no way to downgrade office?

I have two client PC's that upgraded and now can not access mail!

If we remove and re-install office what impact will this have to templates will these be unaffected?
beatle20359

The problem is if you downgrade office the existing profile becomes useless as Outlook Sp2 will have already upgraded it. We've got a few users here who are making do with webmail until an update is introduced. If your users store everything on the server then you should be ok to do so although they'll lose their previous recipients if they haven't saved them as contacts.

Hope that helps
Beatle
Previous Topic: Blackberry connector 7.4.0
Next Topic: Dovecot Extract sl server 10.6.8
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 23:43:25 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00588 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.