Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 7.3.1 & iCal 5.0.2 on a MacOS 10.7.2 (The autoconfig doesnt work)
  •  
benjalamelami

Send a private message to this user
I used the automatic configuration from Kerio to have my iCal configuration. It used an exchange profile, but alas, the iCal falls short of working. It simply doesnt show anything.

I checked the console logs to find out this:
12/04/12 22:19:01,050 iCal: error = Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1013 "No se ha podido completar la operaciĆ³n (error NSURLErrorDomain -1013)." UserInfo=0x7fa80252f3f0 {NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://juan.gil@mail.gilmedica.com.co/EWS/Exchange.asmx, CalFailedOperationKey=<CalExchangeSyncAccountOperation: 0x7fa802099480>, NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://juan.gil<_at_>mail.gilmedica.com.co/EWS/Exchange.asmx}

For those that dont understand spanish, its something like this:
"Operation could not be completed (error NSURLErrorDomain -1013)." UserInfo=0x7fa80252f3f0 {NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://juan.gil@mail.gilmedica.com.co/EWS/Exchange.asmx, CalFailedOperationKey=<CalExchangeSyncAccountOperation: 0x7fa802099480>, NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://juan.gil<_at_>mail.gilmedica.com.co/EWS/Exchange.asmx}

[Updated on: Fri, 13 April 2012 05:21]

•  
tonyswu

You might want to double check your settings. iCal should use CalDAV, not Exchange.
  •  
benjalamelami

We'll that works, though, it does work with CalDav, the autosetup feature that kerio uses, sets it up this way; some features are lost using CalDav.
  •  
tonyswu

What features are lost with CalDAV?
  •  
benjalamelami

AFAIK, the groupware features of the calendar, such as directory integration
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Actually, Exchange account in iCal has less features than CalDAV as CalDAV is native protocol for iCal. It does support attendee auto-complete (which is probably what you refer as directory integration).
  •  
benjalamelami

Ok... I was just quoting Kerio's tool regarding better integration, though, I'll stick to your advice regarding using iCal than the exchange feature.

Thank you
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio auto-configuration tool configures CalDAV account in iCal. Not Exchange.
  •  
chewett

The Exchange account in iCAl gives you the ability to attach a file to an event. It would appear that you cannot do that with a CalDav account or an iCloud account. Problem with an Exchange account is that you don't get the auto completion feature when inviting users to a meeting. Pick your poison I guess. will attachments be added to CalDav accounts someday ? is this a limitation of the format or is it a KMS issue ?
Previous Topic: Error in Kerio Connect
Next Topic: Changes to Kerio Support
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 09:33:29 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00479 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.