Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrate Exchange Server 2003 in VMware to Kerio (What are the steps taken to accomplish it?)
  •  
trifecta

Send a private message to this user
Due to the complexities and cost, I'm planning to migrate our Exchange Server 2003 running in VMware environment and AD to Kerio Connect (we have only 100 users). I'd like to know how effortless it is to accomplish this task, plus any issues that I need to watch out for, and what are the steps taken to accomplish it.

I'd appreciate for any constructive comments to help me making this decision.

Thank you.
  •  
renefn

Hi,

Very short... I have done this a couple of times and with Kerios migration tool it's extremely easy. Everything is migrated and users won't really notice any change once Kerio Outlook Connector is installed and configured. There are a few things you have to watch our for:

1. Subscribed calenders have to subscribed again.
2. If you migrate your users N2K file (Outlook's autocomplete addresses) then you have to delete the entries for the users that belonged to the old Exchange server (just press the Delete button once they're marked) because they don't work for the Kerio Connect users.
3. Mailbox filters and rules have to created from scratch and you have to train users how to do it in Kerio Outlook Connector.
4. Out of office is also configured in Kerio Outlook Connector and not by using Outlook's built-in feature.

I'm sure that there's more, but it's more or less a very easy migration considering that it's a replacement of a quite complex and important part of your infrastructure.

Regards,
René Frej Nielsen

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
trifecta

Thank you for your input.

I've another concern regarding AD group list. Since there is no native use of AD groups for mailing lists in Kerio Connect, so user and group administration has to happen in two places.

Do you have a resolution for this?

•  
MarkK

Kerio Connect supports AD Distribution Groups. You will need to administer them on the AD server that has the Kerio AD extentions loaded on it. In AD, there will be a Kerio Connect Account tab for the User or Group.
  •  
trifecta

MarkK wrote on Thu, 19 April 2012 23:00
Kerio Connect supports AD Distribution Groups. You will need to administer them on the AD server that has the Kerio AD extentions loaded on it. In AD, there will be a Kerio Connect Account tab for the User or Group.

Thank you.

Do you happen to have the screenshots of how they, Kerio Connect Account tab, look like in AD?

•  
MarkK

It is pretty basic tab. I will post a screen shot tomorrow.
  •  
MarkK

Here are the screen shots. Pretty basic.

• Attachment: KerioAD.jpg
    (Size: 99.56KB, Downloaded 221 times)
  •  
trifecta

Thank you, MarkK.
Previous Topic: Test Using Any Domain Name
Next Topic: Auto Clean-out on Calendar folders only
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 01:14:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00484 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.