Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Is there a method to obtain the 2.0b4 Demo/Tutorial Space content? (For KWS installations prior to 2.0b4 how can we add in the new Tutorial content as a training aid for our users?)
  •  
PeterBarlow

Send a private message to this user
I really like the new startup training content in the 2.0.0b4 installation.
However, for us, the 2.0b4 installation was an upgrade and we can't see that content in our production system.
I had to do a temporary fresh 2.0b4 installation on another host to see the content. It looks really good. You've done a great job of providing startup tutorial content.
How can I get this default demo Space into our production system?
Must I laboriously copy and paste the text content of the pages one at a time and block at a time? Or turn them into PDFs or something?
This all raises the question ... Is there a way to move Spaces or Space content between different KWS installations?
I'd really like to see solutions to these two ideas. This way we could have a development installation and migrate content to our production installation when ready for wider use by our users.

[Updated on: Mon, 16 April 2012 14:41]

•  
Machete

I'd also love to see the new tutorial content. We're still rolling out to all of our employees, and this could speed up our training.
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello,

the demo content is imported only when a completely new database is being created. It's not possible to get it into an already existing database. However, importing the demo content at any time is quite a popular request after the beta 4 release.

We also don't support content export and import at this time. Of course, we had to write something like export and import to work with the demo content, but these are only single-purpose scripts, not full-fledged supportable features.

Jarda Snajdr
Workspace Team Leader
  •  
scottdube

Yes please figure out a way to add this content to existing installs! Helpful and need it for users to see what can be done with workspace!

Thanks
  •  
PeterBarlow

G'day Jarda,
Thanks for the reply and info.
It would be great if you could work on making the scripts you have used internally into a generally available content add-in deliverable. Even better if such a content export and import feature could be added to KWS.
In the mean time, I've made a start on turning the content of the demo/tutorial space into a single PDF document for our own internal use.
Hope that is OK, and, would you like me to upload it here, when it is done, for others who sound like they would be interested?
Cheers, Peter B.
  •  
PeterBarlow

Hi again,
Because of our need with our own Workspace site, I have duplicated the v2.0.0b4 Tutorial content as best as I could with a PDF document.
Due to the interest shown here in having the Tutorial content more widely available, the PDF is attached here.
I hope some of you find it useful. Make whatever use of it you can.
We look forward to the "Welcome to Kerio Workspace!" tutorial Space being importable into our installation in the future.
Cheers, Peter B.

•  
scottdube

Thanks for sharing this !
Previous Topic: Logout-Button doesn't work (Firefox 12)
Next Topic: Installing SSL certificate
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 06:56:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00928 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.