Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Open shared calendar (Can't open a shared calendar in Outlook)
  •  
peter@bm

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

How come I can't open a shared calendar in Outlook? I can share it and assign rights to other users in Outlook and I can see the changes made in the webmail but I can't seem to open it. The help in Outlook tells me to press the link saying "Open shared calendar" but that link has been replaced with blank space.

Can the shared calendars only be viewed in the webmail??
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Shared calendars can be viewed in Outlook too. If you're using Kerio Outlook Connector, the guide is here: http://manuals.kerio.com/connect/userguide/en/sect-koffolder s.html#sect-koffolshared
  •  
peter@bm

Oh, man, I've looked for that setting for sooo long now. Thank you!
  •  
peter@bm

Hmm. Then again, how come the changes doesn't show up? I added the shared calendar in Outlook but I can't see the events posted. Also when I add an event it doesn't show in the shared calendar when I log into webmail.
  •  
peter@bm

•  
TomasSCHM

Hello, the URL is not working I'm having same problem sharing calendars in webmail is working but in Outlook 2013/2010 doesn't. Can you please renew path to manual? Thank you.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

TomasSCHM wrote on Mon, 02 March 2015 08:54
Hello, the URL is not working I'm having same problem sharing calendars in webmail is working but in Outlook 2013/2010 doesn't. Can you please renew path to manual? Thank you.

Please visit our KnowledgeBase: http://kb.kerio.com/1556
  •  
jcooper

Hi, one user added a new calendar then shared it using webmail. He set me as being able to "Change" it. In Outlook 2011 Mac, I click Open Calendar, enter the user's name and am immediately told I do not have permission to open the folder (even though it doesn't give me a chance to specify which folder I want to open). If there some other setting I need on either the sharER or the sharEE to be able to share or view shared folders?

Thanks,

Jeff
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

When you try to open other users folder in Outlook, it sends the request to find default calendar of the entered user. If succeeds, Outlook tries to list subfolders of the default calendar. This behaviour has several consequences:
  1. you cannot see any calendar in mailbox root (on the same level as default calendar)
  2. you can see subfolders of the default calendar, but only if you have at least "read" right to the default calendar

To make it worse, both Outlook 2011 and Kerio Connect Client shows flat list of the folders instead of the real folder hierarchy. Use the old Kerio Webmail to see the real folder structure.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
Previous Topic: Kerio Standalone: Deleted phone numbers not synched to GAL
Next Topic: Can I remove old attachments without deleting the emails?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 10:18:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00474 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.