Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOFF 6.7.3 Upgrade to KOFF Connect (Deploy KOFF Connect to upgrade KOFF 6.7.3)
  •  
JJJCR

Send a private message to this user
hi guys, how to deploy the upgrading of workstations of KOFF 6.7.3 to the latest KOFF connect, is there a way to deploy the upgrading using Active Directory?

any ideas is greatly appreciated.

=====
i notice that on the kerio download site there is a Kerio Update Service MSI Package, this package is for what?

Thanks for any help.
  •  
JJJCR

upgrading of 6.7.3 KOFF connect will be done automatically if i upgrade the mail server? any one who have tried this before?

please update guys..tnx..
  •  
mbmaplethorpe

Best way to approach this is to manually update the mailserver first. Any Outlook clients will see a dialog box prompting them to click to download and update to the new version. It is generally pretty quick, though clients with a lot of email will need to have their local mail database updated which can take anything up to 10 or 15 minutes. This depends on the speed of their hard disk and how much email they have.
  •  
JJJCR

Thanks buddy, basically no need to do deploying any MSI package?

so once I update the mailserver the clients will be prompt automatically to update to new version and everything is done automatically right?

thanks again.
  •  
mbmaplethorpe

I believe that once you've updated the mailserver to v7.3.2 all Outlook users will be prompted to update both the KOFF and also install the new updater service. I'm pretty sure all our users here with admin rights had this bit done silently in the background. If your users don't have it, then you'd need to manually install the updater service (see https://kb.kerio.com/article/kerio-updater-service-installat ion-188.html) or roll out the MSI through group policy.
  •  
JJJCR

thank you so much, that's the link i've been looking for.

most of the users got KOFF install, hope won't encounter much problem for the upgrading to kerio 7.

appreciate your help.

Previous Topic: DNS server failure (error 472)
Next Topic: Outlook 2007 - Cannot Move Items Error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 10:02:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00424 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.