Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Activesync 14 in Kerio Connect (Implementation of Activesync 14 protocol in Kerio Connect)
  •  
PeterStalmans

Send a private message to this user
I miss two Activesync features in Kerio Connect:
-Synchronisation of Notes
-Syncing of the reply state (if any message had been forwarded or replied from another source)
Apparently, these are features integrated in Exchange ActiveSync 14 (Exchange Server 2010), while Kerio Connect 7.3.2 still uses version 12.

Any idea on timing when Activesync 14 will be integrated in Kerio Connect?
  •  
sfhn

Hi,

now ActiveSync is a paid feature. Is there any intention to upgrade the rather old version 12 to ActiveSync 14 after this step? In your FAQs you write "in the future" which does not sound promising. I think a lot of people are wondering if you are "working on it".

Thanks
  •  
PeterStalmans

Since my earlier post from last year, I was advised to switch from ActiveSync to:
-IMAP for email & notes
-CalDav for calendar & tasks
-Cardav for contacts
and it works great! and without any additional cost. Only disadvantage: no push with IMAP, but when setting the "fetch" to every 15 minutes, it's close enough to push ... Moreover, email also syncs everytime when you open the mail-app.

Setup is also quite simple: on your iPhone/iPad, browse to the weblogin of your mailserver and follow the link "Set up my phone" on the logon screen.
  •  
sfhn

Well,

IMAP, Caldav and Cardav are no bad alternatives, but the amount of data which is sent and received is much higher (really much!) then with activesync. Addressbook sync with Carddav is not 100% reliable,... I agree that push is not relivant but there are some other features with activesync 14 then just connecting mobile devices. So I think our resellers question about v14 is justified.

Previous Topic: Not seeing public address book in Outlook 2011
Next Topic: ANDROID IM Client for Phone and or Tablet?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 23:27:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00409 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.