Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Developer Zone » API/SDK Writers » How to share code I've written
  •  
pcunix

Send a private message to this user
When and if a CUSTOMER wants to run code I've written for them, what is their procedure for obtaining the API libraries/docs?

[Updated on: Thu, 03 May 2012 09:01] by Moderator

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
Anonymous

first of all I have to say I really like your activity around public API. I appreciate your contribution and believe it will grow up your relationship with the customer.
Thank you.

To your question. I think there is no special procedure for obtaining API stuff. If he/she is a customer of Kerio, he/she can download it from our page and use it.

Here is our public API licensing:

Kerio API is a part of the Kerio products and is governed by the product's license. In short, you need a license to run Kerio Connect and the license also entitles you to use the API on your server.

Third-party independent software vendors may distribute their applications both for free or for profit. There is no royalty fee for the API. We only kindly ask you to let us know at connect-api<_at_>kerio.com about your applications.
  •  
Lukas Nemec

If you write some script using MyApi class (as you already did) and your customers want to run it too, they need to download the Kerio APIs Client Library for PHP from Kerio Developer Zone.

You can find there many useful information about Administration API for Kerio Connect and its documentation as well. This site should help API Writers to write their first own scripts easily.

Chears,

Lukas Nemec
WebAdmin developer
Kerio Technologies
Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

Hello.

Let me clarify how it works.

Product API, product documentation
Free of charge, there is no special license. Everything is covered just by product license. As Dusan has described.

Developer Zone resources, programming libraries, other forum resources
There is an SDK license agreement under which is user allowed to download, develop, share and use those scripts.

Terms of use are required to joing Kerio Betatesting group where user can obtain some additional informations, support, etc.

So if you would like to write any scripts for profit or for free there is the only requirement to accept the SDK license agreement in order to use Kerio APIs Client Library for PHP or any other resource obtained from Kerio Developer Zone or Kerio Forums.

Best regards,

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

The views I express are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Kerio Technologies.
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

For better navigation, I changed the title for easier search in the future.

Thanks for understanding.

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

The views I express are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Kerio Technologies.
Previous Topic: Setting quotas on inactive users
Next Topic: Set custom spam rule list
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 22:05:17 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00412 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.