Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » MS Outlook Mac SP2 ignores Reply-To header with Connect Exchange account
  •  
Will Mayall

Send a private message to this user
When using Microsoft Outlook for Mac SP2 (14.2.1) to connect to an Exchange account on Kerio Connect, the Reply-To header is not used. MS Outlook properly use the Reply-To header if the message is received from a Microsoft Exchange server. MS Outlook also properly uses the Reply-To header if the message is received from an IMAP account on a Kerio server.

I have reported this issue. Steps to reproduce:

1. Create an Exchange account in MS Outlook Mac SP2.
2. Download a *new* message that has a different email address in the Reply-To. Note that an old message that was converted in the upgrade will work properly.
3. Reply to the message.

Expected result: Reply should go to the Reply-To address.

Actual result: Reply goes to the From address.

Although it is certainly possible the problem lies with MS Outlook, I suspect this is an issue that Kerio will need to correct in Connect.

Will Mayall
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

I can't confirm this behaviour. Please attach the .eml file from message store with tested e-mail and specify the Connect version used.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
Will Mayall

Pavel Špalek (Kerio) wrote on Mon, 30 April 2012 09:22
I can't confirm this behaviour. Please attach the .eml file from message store with tested e-mail and specify the Connect version used.
I've replied via PM.
  •  
Kedar

I can confirm it, Reply-To is ignored. Thank you for bug report.
  •  
jensonyu

Does this happen only only with 14.2.1 update? I'm still on 14.1.4 and it seems fine. If it's so, then I don't want to risk updating all our Outlook users.
  •  
arpetkii

Yes mine was fine up to the update of Outlook and Kerio mailserver. I'm really hoping for a quick fix, it's driving me crazy.
  •  
vkeven

I would like to know if this bug is solved ?
  •  
Will Mayall

Quote:
I would like to know if this bug is solved ?

Yes, it was fixed in a previous Connect release. I believe it was fixed in v7.3.2.

Will Mayall
  •  
vkeven

We have 7.4.2 with Office 2010 and same problem is happening at least similar , my KOFF used the first email adress even if reply-to address is specified
Previous Topic: Splitting a domain off
Next Topic: Room mail ID accepting all requests..
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 15:30:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00469 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.