Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OpenSUSE 12.1 & Kerio Connect 7.3.3 compatibility (Fresh install on a different server to test and migrate)
  •  
puretech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I have installed openSuse 12.1 32bit version on a new Server (2.8Ghz core 2 duo with 4 GB ram, RAID 1 setup giving 500GB) and have just installed Kerio Connect 7.3.3 on it.

However, I cannot run the config wizard nor can i start the services.

The config wizard is giving me error:
*** glibc detected *** ./cfgwizard: malloc: top chunk is corrupt: 0x08081020 ***

when i try to start the service it says job failed, check system logs and in system logs there isnt much apart from saying you should use config wizard and the service failed.

I am wondering, if there is any module or something missing that needs installing, or if OpenSUSE 12.1 is compatible with the Kerio Connect 7.3.3 (both latest and current versions)

I would appreciate any help.

I am planning to try the new server (having it on the DMZ) and then migrate the current production mail server to the new one due to it being old physical server.

Thanks
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

List of supported (and tested) operating systems can be found in system requirements: http://www.kerio.com/connect/requirements
openSUSE 12.x has not been yet tested and therefore it is not officially supported.
  •  
puretech

thanks for the reply Pavel.

I know it's probably not possible, but any rough idea if you guys are going to test openSUSE 12.x?

I will try to find the cause of the error and see if it is fixable, but if the timeline of testing is unknown and can be even a year, then I would just install 11.4. It's a shame though as ideally would love to have the latest one while I am building the new server.

Anyhow, thanks

[Updated on: Mon, 30 April 2012 16:36]

•  
puretech

Bringing the old post out again.

Is OpenSUSE 12.1 been tested yet, or being tested?
  •  
pentoli

Will Open SUSE 12.x be added to the compatibility list of Kerio 8?
Previous Topic: KMSRecover says success but nothing restored
Next Topic: Calendar on server without Mail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 11:24:58 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00467 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.