Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Messages marked as junk not being moved to junk folder
  •  
jhbiker

Send a private message to this user
Filtering Rule for Junk E-Mail not working in Outlook. I have specified multiple emails as junk email yet I still recieve the messages in my inbox. What would be the proceedure to troubleshoot this issue.

I see in the Message in the spam log indicating that it is setup

User email moved a message to Junk E-mail folder, Folder: ~user email/Junk E-mail, Size: 25308, From: "Broderbund" <Broderbund<_at_>replies.broderbund.com>, Subject: 80% in Savings! PrintShop Plus Free ClipArt and Fonts $19.99 (Reg. $119.93) - Available Today Only!

Under Kerio oulk Connector / Options Filtering Rules I see the Junk E-Mail rule is checked and enabled with the following rule.

Apply this rule when message arrives.
Where message has been marked as junk e-mail
and Where the From line is not address
Move it to Junk E-mail
and stop proccessing more rules

Jim
  •  
blackbox

Where/how did you specify the emails as junk email?

If you're talking about moving the email from you inbox to the junk email folder (or marking as spam via Outlook toolbar) this doesn't automatically block future messages from arriving in your inbox, rather helps train the spam filter and further help quantify future email messages with similar characteristics.

Look at the email's headers for a line referencing X-Spam-Status may help provide additional insight.

If the message contains predictable characteristics adding a rule to the server side of the equation might be your best bet.
  •  
jhbiker

In Outlook I right clicked the email that I want to move to the junk email folder junk/Block Sender. Its not that these are spam and I do not want to see them its that most messages have an Ultra low importance and by moving them to my junk email I can skim through the garbage once a week rather than see them in my inbox everyday. Alternatively I could create a rule for each address that I want moved but that is cumbersome. The "Junk E-Mail" rule is already in kerio by default to move items marked as junk. It should work.

Jim
  •  
blackbox

I'm not sure I understand your issue, as this description is a bit different than your original post. I believe Kerio's default Junk Email rule triggers when the messages arrive in your mailbox and does not retroactively move messages after they've been deposited in the inbox. The default rule will move these messages, upon arrival, to your Junk Email folder based on their X-Spam-Status score, as specified within the tag score setting on your server.
  •  
jhbiker

We are getting closer. I am not looking to cleanup existing emails based upon the Junk E-Mail Rule found in the Kerio Tab Options/Filtering Rules. Screenshot Attached. The rule itself states that...

Apply this rule when the message arrives.
Where messages has been marked as junk e-mail and Where the From line is not address Move it to Junk E-mail and Stop processing more rules

I do not see any correlation between the X-Spam-Status score, as specified within the tag score setting on the server and what I am describing. When I tag the message as spam via outlook I also see the event in the spam log file. In Outlook's "Junk E-mail Options - Kerio Connect (Kerio Offline Edition)" under the Blocked Senders Tab all of the message senders I have chosen are listed however none of the senders get messages moved to Junk E-mail folder. See screenshot. My interpretation is that the messages from now on should be moved to Junk E-Mail folder based upon the Filtering rule Junk E-mail. This is not happening. I have tried this on multiple computers and have the same result. 7.4 has just been released however I feel a little apprehensive about preforming the upgrade with the release being so new. We are currently running 7.3.1.6199 T2

[img]./fa/2535/0/[/img]

[img]./fa/2536/0/[/img]

Jim
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Junk E-mail options on second screenshot are internal Outlook rules. Outlook rules do not work with Kerio Outlook Connector. To filter messages, please use filtering rules in Kerio Outlook Connector (first screenshot). If you want to block/move emails from certain senders it is necessary to create a new filtering rule there.
  •  
jhbiker

Then what does this rule do from the first screenshoot?

Apply this rule when the message arrives.
Where messages has been marked as junk e-mail and Where the From line is not address Move it to Junk E-mail and Stop processing more rules

Jim
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It moves all messages marked as a spam by internal Kerio Connect Spam Filter (ie. based on X-Spam-Flag: yes email header) to the Junk E-mail folder. If you want the server to mark some messages as a spam according to their content, it is necessary to use Spam/Not Spam buttons in Outlook toolbar and have the server learn these messages as a spam. If you want to mark messages as a spam according to sender, you need to use either custom spam rule on the server or create own filtering rule in Kerio Outlook Connector's mail filters (not Outlook's).
  •  
Jaco

HI Kerio

I found this to be a deal breaker trying to sell Kerio to a client that is evaluating Kerio Connect.

Outlook make handling unwanted Junk Email so easy by clicking the Junk button. Since installing the Kerio Connector this feature stops working in Outlook also,

From my tests I conclude the following:

Without Kerio Connector
a new message arrives that is on the Junk list Outlook move this message to the Junk folder - Working Correct using the "Outlook only feature".

With Kerio Conenct
a new message arrives that is on the Junk list Outlook and Kerio both decides not to use the Block sender list and does nothing.
Infact it looks like Kerio "disables / breaks" this outlook feature

So to get the same functionality with Outlook with Kerio to move a unwanted email to the junk folder the user must now setup a custom rule in Kerio that takes quite some time.

In my opinion this is a easy feature to repair

[Updated on: Wed, 18 July 2012 10:22]

•  
Myteksolutions

It's funny I still see these requests. A few years back I requested they add the Outlook Junkmail into Kerio or something to block "user specific" emails. They said to use the current spam button which doesn't do nothing for them.

After implementing Kerio, the owner of the company was pissed and said to do whatever to fix it. I didn't want to go to Exchange or use POP so I hired a programmer to develop a client and server application. We basically have custom buttons now to block email name, email address, subject. The client will filter them out when it's open instantly. We developed a server end that uses IMAP to check for the filters in the mailboxes so they won't get them on their Smartphones, etc. If the client is left open it will filter, but not when closed (this is why the server side is good).

We spent around $4000 for this and it's working. If anyone is interested in it, I can get it packaged and see what the programmer wants for the product. It would probably be $200 or something.

This might sound crazy but it was fix it or get fired. Shocked
  •  
Jaco

great news Myteksolutions why don't you try to sell this to Kerio,

So it is after all possible, come on Kerio Don't let your ego get in the way, fix the problem !!!

•  
Myteksolutions

Hey if they are open to a discussion I can put them in contact with the programmer. It's a great solution for "personal" spam blocking. It's a shame they haven't figured this out yet. Like I said I called 2-3 years ago about it and they said "We need more people to request this, etc". Well, let's start requesting it and maybe we will see it in there.
  •  
Myteksolutions

Anyone coming from Exchange will be disapointed with the features removed. I had atleast 10 people pissed when I switched to Kerio. This feature is critical to me.
  •  
DvD

Dear Kerio Support Team,

The spam button option for koff is not working, i have received the request from a user, telling me the email he is marking as spam, is arriving to the inbox and not moved to the junk email folder in outlook 2010.

I have tested my self marking some email as spam without results.

we have around more than 200 users having problems with some spam.

Any help will be appreciated.

BR,

Daniel

[Updated on: Tue, 23 September 2014 17:21]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Dear Daniel, this forum is not official technical support. You can reach our technical support at http://www.kerio.com/support/technical-support.

I recommend to read http://kb.kerio.com/330 for more details about marking message as a spam.
Previous Topic: Connect with kerberos
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 8.3.2 release
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 23:13:42 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00568 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.