Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connector for BlackBerry will be discontinued.....
  •  
luca67

Send a private message to this user
I just read this note in what's new of the release 7.4:
Kerio Connector for BlackBerry will be discontinued in the next major version of Kerio Connect

Kerio, are you joking? Mad

This is a good way to lose customers.......
  •  
mwd

It's alright, it won't be too long until blackberry itself is discontinued. Razz

The next version of the blackberry os will finally support active sync allowing it to talk to Kerio directly. This should have been added years ago, so it really is blackberrys fault.
  •  
luca67

ok, I saw the BB Fusion and OS10 news....
but for my BB?
Our managers use BB9900 (25 phones) connected to BESX5.03 server

What should I expect in the future?
  •  
mwd

notifysync or astrasync. Probably cheaper/better just to replace the phones though...
  •  
FrankG

This is the reason why we are going to migrate to exchange.
First support a feature an then kill it when a network is already verry bussy with this feature. Try this to make any sense to the end users of our network.

Do not mistake, Kerio is a verry nice product, but this is not done....
  •  
luca67

I agree with you Frank...
I'm also evaluating Zimbra for these reasons!

Exchange is too much expensive for us
  •  
Skydiver84de

Unbelievable! What about the older devices? Its impossible to rebuy all devices just to have the newest Blackberry OS which is able for Active Sync? Try to tell that to your CEO...

You have to continue the BB Connector Kerio! Or give us an alternative that sounds like one! AstraSync and NotifySync is a MESS! It looks ugly and it doenst work satisfactory! Simply discontinuing the connector sounds silly... Im sure you will loose a LOT of customers Sad

Please give us an update on that!
  •  
kingswaygroup

NO WAY!!!!

I WILL LOSE ALL MY CUSTOMERS!!!!

Who came up with that decision should be shown the door to another job. You don't treat customers like that. Even Microsoft knows that you don't drop support for a product without a lengthy timeframe of notice.

David Green
  •  
tek_san

I do not understand those decisions.
Kerio is establishing important infrastructure elements over several years and than it destroys them on short notice and without alternative.
I do not see which purpose is served here, except streamlining and reducing support.
Of course, we all see that blackberries footprint is becoming smaller and smaller but even an office that uses only 20 or 30 devices is facing harsh times when it comes to leave those behind and having them replaced by, yes by what?
Kerio is creating an unsafe environment to base a professional service on.
I cannot see a real sense in that and it gives me a bad feeling (in a jedi sort of way) to look into our companies future and then still using products from kerio.
just my 2 cents...
regards
Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
campodoro74

You're joking, right ?

First we had to install a connector for Outlook. Then came the Offline version. Then a SyncConnector for the Mac's we have. Then an updater service to be able to update the (Windows) client's Outlook Connector beyond 7.2. Then the BlackBerry Connector to be able to sync the Blackberries. And, off topic, Kerio's Support system want me to contact the reseller from now on, while it has been ME to tell them how to support Kerio? Tsss...

I'm getting a headache here; I'm losing more and more time to sync and update Kerio while I could have simply invested more money to get an Exchange server and be done with it.

Don't get me wrong, I love(d) Kerio and have been using it for many years but now it becomes more and more of a drag; how do I explain this to my users ? And more interestingly: to my managers ?

With pain in my heart: Exchange, here we come!

[Updated on: Mon, 07 May 2012 08:39]

•  
gmaoret

Many of our customers are using Kerio coupled with BESX. If you drop off the support to BESX we MUST do a migration to another product, 'cause we can't tell our clients to change a hundred of smartphones...

I really hope that you change that decision soon.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Interesting. From my personal experience, BESX is a horrible, giant, beast with high system requirements. I know that we've got many support calls from people who were not able to install it all. The whole infrastructure is too over-complicated and therefore not much reliable.

Are you really using "hundreds of Blackberry smartphones" in your installation? I'm curious as this looks unbelievable to me.

This is only my personal opinion.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

campodoro74 wrote on Mon, 07 May 2012 08:38
You're joking, right ?

First we had to install a connector for Outlook. Then came the Offline version. Then a SyncConnector for the Mac's we have.

I know what you mean. But frankly, there was absolutely no option how to synchronize Mac client in Tiger and Leopard with any other application (than Mobile Me). That's why we've developed the connector. I think it is unfair to blame us that we've bring the feature which did not exist in the clients to our customers.
Now with CalDAV, CardDAV the situation has changed and we have to change our focus as well. Kerio Connect has one of the best CalDAV implementations in the world and the connector is no longer needed.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 May 2012 08:58]

•  
gmaoret

I do not have hundreds of BB, but i've got about 30 customers that all have from 2 to 15 BB and are all working with BESX. The sum of all customers blackberry (every one with separate Kerio install and BESX) are tobe about 100...
campodoro74

Hi Pavel,
Nice to see you active in this topic. To respond; the SyncConnector for the Mac isn't the problem as it's an install-and-forget kind of add-on. And since we moved all Mac's to Lion, that problem indeed is gone (thanx to Kerio's great Mac installer option).

The Outlook connector however gave me (and still is giving) me lots of headaches. Every Kerio update forces me to check every single PC (spread over 3 Kerio installations) to see if the Connector has been updated or not. The auto-update should work but it doesn't always. Especially when clients are using AIM Pro (that hooks into Outlook for calendar purposes) and therefor denies Outlook to gracefully quit. Manual update is then required.

But that's all besides the point: please tell us WHY you are dropping Blackberry support. Kerio can't force people to throw out and upgrade their BB's or to simply buy iPhones.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 May 2012 10:41]

Previous Topic: Can I block SS number from Connect?
Next Topic: PHP mail() associate with Kerio connect 7.1.x
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 21:32:56 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00617 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.