Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Email Messages Deleted Without Human Intervention (iOS Devices Delete Messages w/o Human Intervention)
  •  
boomisland

Send a private message to this user
We have observed, with frequency, emails being deleted without human intervention. It appears that it is happening only for users who have configured iOS devices to check their email (IMAP or Exchange). Has anyone else observed this?
  •  
Kedar

See Operations log when and how (protocol) were these messages deleted.

It can be caused e.g. by POP3 download, mail filters, auto-deleting policy for user or domain... Kerio Connect doesn't delete any message automatically.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 May 2012 11:26]

•  
boomisland

As stated in my original post, it is IMAP. Based on the time and IP address, we know with certainty the messages are being deleted via the iOS device. There are no filters involved and no auto-delete policy. These are brand new emails that are deleted with no human intervention, usually within 3-4 hours of being received. It generally happens overnight when there is no activity on the accounts.

I understand that Kerio doesn't delete messages automatically, but if there are known issues with client interactions, I'd surely love to know. Furthermore, I'd like to know if there are workarounds that can be implemented by me or Kerio to prevent it from happening.
  •  
aj08

What version of Kerio? Is this with the new 7.4?
  •  
boomisland

Just updated to 7.4.

Looking back at my notes, it's been happening for ~6 months. My guess is it began around the time iOS 5 shipped.

Again, I don't blame Kerio Connect, the operations log clearly shows that the devices are the culprit. I just want to see if anyone else has observed this and if there is a workaround.

We did observe this when the devices were configured to use Exchange, but it persists after switching them to IMAP.
  •  
Kedar

I think you should test it with clean (reseted) iPhone without any third-party applications. Try it for one your user and you will see if this behaviour will persist.
  •  
jhbiker

I have observed this behavior. This was happening with exchange and the iPhone 4s. It was personally happening to myself. At first I thought this was a bug with exchange and the iPhone. I resolved this issue by making sure I went back to inbox after veiwing any email then exiting email then locked phone before putting it into my pocket. Once I followed these procedures I encounter no further issue with exchange and none with Kerio Connect. This may not be the same in your case but it worked for me.

Jim
  •  
bojan.vujic

Last night, just after upgrade to version 7.4.1, many emails were deleted without user action... this email was mostly from executive directors... For around 10 years, we using kerio, and this is very very bad...

All auto delete emails are disabled. We using only KOC, and webmail. Is there any known issues?
  •  
Kedar

bojan.vujic wrote on Tue, 05 June 2012 10:24

Is there any known issues?

No.

Check Operations log: all deleted messages are logged, incl. deleted by server.
  •  
bojan.vujic

In Operation log, all messages, was marked with DELETE, command, even, at 3:20 no one was working at that time... For some user, this morning, all emails was on webmail, but when they open Outlook, at that time deleting started, even they didn't delete anything...

Emails deleted from inbox, from, Sent Items, and other personal folders....

Upgrade of KOC was successful to...

There must be some bug, or some misconfiguration that was set up by upgrade, but we can't see it..

[Updated on: Tue, 05 June 2012 10:38]

•  
Kedar

send us examples from Operations log.
  •  
bojan.vujic

Wthat is email to send operatio log?
  •  
Kedar

I prefer solve it here in forum. Replace sensitive information if you need.
  •  
bojan.vujic

There is names, and IP address, and emails. It is hard to solve here.

I can send you only beginning of log. I assume that problem is in KOC, because all was fine until KOC is started.

Also when deleting started at 3:30 that PC was online and KOC was running. All pointing on KOC...

05/Jun/2012 03:36:14] {DELETE} Protocol: HTTP/KOFF, User....
This is repeting all the time..
This is few hours ago...
[05/Jun/2012 03:36:28] {DELETE} Protocol: HTTP/KOFF, User:...

All emails was in INBOX..
Kedar

"HTTP/KOFF" - now you (me) know it wasn't SYSTEM, it was deleted from running Outlook with Kerio Outlook Connector (KOFF).
If messages weren't deleted by user, check archiving feature in Outlook.
Previous Topic: differential backup not working properly
Next Topic: Meeting room tablet display options
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 04:57:58 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00571 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.