Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Problems downloading Adobe products
  •  
VVA

Send a private message to this user
Kerio Control block adobe products, adobe reader free, adobe flash player free.
From the original site of adobe
We use sophos antivirus. Is there a possibility to donwload this software or without sophos see it as a virus??

[Updated on: Thu, 03 May 2012 15:03]

•  
markt

You could create an exclusion for the adobe download site within the AV scanning rules.

I must say though, I do have several issues with downloads that are touched by the AV scanners, e.g. they come through corrupt without any notification in the security log / alert etc.
  •  
VVA

I have a rule added to the AV, but still dont allow it to download. check attachment. The rule I created is at the top of the rules.

•  
VVA

rules i have added to AV on kerio Control

•  
markt

Can you try altering your AV rule so it has a wildcard entry rather than just an absolute address, e.g.. ..../download/* or ..../download/*.exe.

Turn on the debug entry for the AV scanner, you can see if the rule is triggering or not.
  •  
ICT and Me

@VVA,

It can't be override with the rules.
The only way is to switch off this piece of security by "Allow transmission of the file" with in the part "If a transferred file cannot be scanned"

I hope this give enough answer.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
VVA

Thanks for all your information,
  •  
an2ny79

What I did is create a URL group, add *.adobe.com/* in it.. then create a HTTP filter, put that on top of all rules, then set the property of that rule to skip AV Control. You can still control this by adding group or time range that you allow to access this site..

So when you have site that you don't want to be scanned, simply add it in that "No Scanning" URL Group.
Previous Topic: How to allow only white listed pages via HTTP??
Next Topic: Leaving Active Directory Domain
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 01:09:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00397 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.