Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Feedback Workspace Beta
  •  
vkeven

Send a private message to this user
Good Job Kerio with the new client , there is only some drawback that could put confusion with user error , if someone rename the folder created by the first sync ( on the computer ) the link is lost between the computer and workspace so you need to sync back all changes , with big folder this could become a nightmare except maybe if there some way to block those renaming.
Next things is people should be able to "save as" or "send to" like dropbox on Iphone,Android , just being able to send a pictures from your phone to Workspace would be a must and even Video or event better save email attachement to workspace , email are now driven by mobile force so if this solution is there to put some logic into document management this is a minimum , the last thing is that HTML5 is there so please find a way to dump this pain in the ass flash product that block my user to consult video from their Ipad/Iphone Razz

Thanks
Keven
  •  
Stanislav Kolar (Kerio)

Hello,

the issue with renamed folder will be fixed in a next release (probably in RC1).
  •  
Tuxis

When installing 2.0.0 RC 1 build 226 over 1.x (latest) on Ubuntu the script tries to delete directories without -R (i think).

dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/opt/kerio/workspace/rendering/op enoffice.org3/share/uno_packages/cache': Directory not empty
dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/opt/kerio/workspace/rendering/op enoffice.org3/share/uno_packages': Directory not empty
dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/opt/kerio/workspace/rendering/op enoffice.org3/share': Directory not empty
dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/opt/kerio/workspace/rendering/op enoffice.org3': Directory not empty
  •  
Tuxis

The syncing with the client works great but:
Keep the folderstructure from workspace.
Now i have ten folders with the same name (De offerte) and below where the folder is located. Should be the other way arround i guess.

See attachment. How it is (top) en how it should be (my opinion).

If not, at least sort the folders by the gray text and not the foldername.

• Attachment: new-old.png
    (Size: 55.62KB, Downloaded 319 times)
  •  
Tuxis

Can't find storage quota per user. That is the one thing that keeps us from delivering it hosted and would be in version 2 i heard.

Interface looks much better!

Local file sync rocks (except for the little thing in the message above). Maybe let user enable to sync all files default except when configured otherwise?
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello HTTPS,

the warnings that "dpkg" writes out during upgrade are harmless and there is probably no way to avoid them. The OpenOffice process (we use it for rendering the document previews) creates some working files in directories that were created during installation. Now, on upgrade or on uninstall, the "dpkg" utility is not sure what to do with files that are in directories that it should own and control, but they are files it doesn't know anything about.

Jarda
  •  
Tuxis

Working with syncing to local file now.
i noticed that at each save of the file, the file is uploaded to KW. The file im working with is now 4 Mb and i have already send 40 Mb's in one our (auto save and so on).
Intensive use could easy create a bandwith issue when working with 20 people creating (theoreticly) 400 mb per hour upload (or imagine 5 autocad users or heavy photoshop users).

Solutions:
Only upload incremental? or only when the client is closed with or every half hour wich comes first (don't now if you can detect application closing)

A bit curious, what will happen when 2 people edit a file localy and then store?

[Updated on: Thu, 31 May 2012 19:30]

•  
SperlO

Re: #90178
I can only support this.
The current structure is not well to oversee, remaining the structure from the client would be more sophisticated.

[Updated on: Thu, 31 May 2012 21:57]

Rgds Olaf
  •  
Stanislav Kolar (Kerio)

Hello,

incremental updates will be available in some next version (but not in the current release).
  •  
Tuxis

Great! Like the way Workspace ik looking.

Have to say, realy listened to you reseller. TOP!

Reconsidder the folder structure and quota per user/group and we are ready for hosted workspace withouth a dedicated vm for each customer Smile
  •  
Tuxis

https://workspace.econome.nl/ does not work in explorer? Page can not be displayed.
Latest beta version.
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

HTTPS wrote on Tue, 05 June 2012 11:27
https://workspace.econome.nl/ does not work in explorer? Page can not be displayed.
Latest beta version.

Hi, which IE version are you using ? Does it work with another browser (FF, Chrome) ?

Please make sure that you have disabled SSL 2.0 in IE (Internet Options -> Advanced -> Security). Kerio Workspace supports SSL 3.0 only.

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.
  •  
Tuxis

disabeling SSL 2.0 did the trick. Problem is, default IE has 2.0 and 3.0 enabled. I don't now whos fault it is (my guess is M$) but shouldn't it work when both are enabled?

IE9.0.8112.16421

[Updated on: Tue, 05 June 2012 14:21]

•  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

There are security vulnerabilities in any web server that has SSL 2.0 installed. Disabling SSL 2.0 makes your IE more secure, too. It's a security versus convenience tradeoff.

Jarda
  •  
Tuxis

Hi jarda,

Not saying that ssl 3.0 should be ditched but a normal user will not find the option so will have 2.0 enabled and 3.0 enabled and therefore it wont work.

It typical M$ behavior to not check for an 3.0 SSL connection en stop the navigation but is ther no way to forward or fallback or is it a M$ bug and should we tell them that their browser is not the best (we all now that but they don't Evil or Very Mad )
Previous Topic: Removal Of Client
Next Topic: Frames
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 12:42:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00548 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.