Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Nokia Lumia 710, Lumia 800 with Kerio connect 7.4.0?
  •  
Tjareson

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

is there someone who runs a Nokia Lumia 710 or 800 with Kerio connect 7.4.0?
If so, does the integration over ActiveSync work with Kerio-connect and supporting push mail, calendar and contacts?

Unfortunately I can't find any information about what kind of ActiveSync Version these Lumia models are using.

kind regards

Tjareson
  •  
trifecta

No problems here - Nokia 710. Push mail and contacts are working well. Haven't tried anything with Calendar yet.
  •  
Tjareson

Hi,

thanks for reply. Just in case you'll test this in future, I would be happy if you might let me know, if that worked out as well.

Tjareson
  •  
DJA

Trifecta

Can you publish your settings here please?

I have a Lumia 800 and can't get it to work

Thanks
  •  
trifecta

Hi DJA,

I didn't do anything special besides the standard mail setup on Lumia for Exchange.

BTW, Tjareson, the calendar is working perfect on my Lumia phone, which I upgraded to Lumia 900 for a few months now.

Cheers,

•  
trifecta

Go to Kerio admin and export your self-sign certificate. It'll be saved with the .crt extension, you will need to rename the extension to .cer

Create a secondary email account on the phone, e.g. Yahoo Mail, then send an email to that account with the certificate attached (the one with .cer extension). Once you open your email and download the attachment, the Windows Phone will offer to install it for you.

Here is my email settings:

Account name: give it any name
Download new account: as items arrive
Download email from: pick a period (I chose "the last month")

Content to sync: select all of them

User name: your email account name
Password: your email password
Domain: your email domain
Server: your email server

Select "Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection"

Logging: off (recommended)

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

BTW, you need to watch out for this annoyance.
http://forums.kerio.com/m/90972/#msg_90972

Also, if you had already installed your Kerio email account, you'll need to remove the device in your Kerio Admin before you install it again, otherwise it won't sync.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 July 2012 06:41]

•  
DJA

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go.
  •  
DJA

Are you setting this up as an Outlook account or Advanced/ActiveSync?
  •  
trifecta

DJA wrote on Tue, 31 July 2012 17:15
Are you setting this up as an Outlook account or Advanced/ActiveSync?

Outlook account!
  •  
DJA

Hmm interesting

Done the certificate export, extension change and install. All fine.

When I set my Outlook account up I get this error

"There is a problem with the certificate for webmail.SERVER.biz..." Error code 80072F06

According to Kerio UK support "it appears that Windows Phone 7 and 7.5 will not trust Self signed certificates. You need to have a trustable 3rd party cert on the Kerio server, such as a Verisign or something along those lines for this to work correctly." Mad

This can't possibly be right as you, and others, have got it to work. Can I assume you have a 3rd party certificate? If not how did you get round this?

Thanks
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It does. But the SSL certificate must be for correct hostame (same as used in account setting) and you must switch off the phone after installing the certificate! Then switch it back on and SSL should work.
Previous Topic: Using predefined SMTP servers for groups of recipients
Next Topic: the stability of Kerio Connect VMware Virtual Appliance
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 08:48:06 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00480 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.