Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Inline bitmaps do not show in Webmail or Outlook. (.... when the bitmaps were attached using Webmail)
  •  
trifecta

Send a private message to this user
I compose a new email using Webmail, then the bitmaps were dragged onto the compose screen to create the inline attachments. When the email has arrived, the bitmaps do not displayed in Webmail or Outlook - just the small square with red X; it's only displayed in Thunderbird (one more reason to like Thunderbird Smile ).

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

[Updated on: Sun, 06 May 2012 23:33]

•  
Tjareson

Here it works. What and how do you exactly drag&drop?

If I take for example a picture from a website and move it simply from the browser to the browser window where I'm writing an new email with kerio webmail, then in the web-client Settings->Mail->Display images from other websites needs to be activated to display the image.

I'm using Kerio 7.4.0 on Ubuntu 10.04

Tjareson
  •  
trifecta

I've tried several methods. Drag and drop a picture file from windows explorer, cut and paste from clipboard, etc.. "Display image attachments inline" and "Display images from other websites" all checked in Webmail's Settings. If I paste those bitmaps on mail clients then it does not have any issues showing in the webmail. Like I mentioned in my post, Thunderbird has no problems displaying it.

Browsers that I tested on: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Google Chrome. All have the same problems

I'm using Kerio 7.4.0 on Windows 2003 Server

[Updated on: Mon, 07 May 2012 02:58]

•  
Tjareson

Actually I've just realized that if I try anything different from moving a picture (in fact most likely an URL) from a website into a new webmail-email then it doesn't work at all. The mouse pointer changes into an add-sign when I try to drag it to the new mail, but no embbeded picture gets visible.

Do you actually see the pictures in the webmail-client, when you write the mail there before sending?
I can't drop any files or pictures into it, the only thing which works is the upload or to drag and drop a URL from a picture.
I tested on client site with ubuntu 11.04: chrome and windows 7: chrome and IE. Strange...

Tjareson
  •  
trifecta

Tjareson wrote on Mon, 07 May 2012 04:16

Do you actually see the pictures in the webmail-client, when you write the mail there before sending?

Yes, the bitmaps were there when I dragged them over. When I sent the email, the bitmaps disappeared, both in Webmail and Outlook Sent Items and Inbox. However they do displayed fine in Thunderbird. Strange, isn't it?

Previous Topic: merging domains
Next Topic: Dedicate IP for mail domains
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 21:36:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00393 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.