Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mailstore on an external RAID 1 (advice or warnings regarding moving the mailstore to a locally attached mirrored RAID)
  •  
macparamedic

Send a private message to this user
I see reference in the Kerio Connect manual to locating the mailstore on a RAID, but wanted to seek any advice or warnings from this community regarding the project.

I have an installation of KC 7.3.2 build 6388 on a Mac Mini with a FireWire 800 bus. The computer is running OSX 7.3.3

Currently, the mail is located in usr/local/kerio

For reasons of redundant reliability, I'm considering moving the mailstore to an external 500GB RAID 1 connected via firewire 800 (aka IEEE 1394b). http://tinyurl.com/7a7df6c

I plan to stop the server, copy the Kerio directory to the root level of the RAID, point the Store Directory (under advanced options) to:

/Volumes/RAIDvolumename/kerio

Are there any thoughts or experiences hereabout that would suggest otherwise or object to my plans?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or warnings.
  •  
wannes

It depends on how many users will use the mail store and with how many clients they're logged in simultaneously.
FireWire 800's disk I/O is in many cases to slow if you have large mailboxes and I suggest you to use Thunderbolt or eSATA instead, if possible, or USB3 (regarding the benchmarks of the Newertech case you want to buy).
Also, change your mailstore directory, after stopping the kerio mailserver first, directly in the /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/mailserver.cfg file.
  •  
wannes

I mostly also move these folders to the same directory level : archive ; backup ; store, to make it more easy to manage backups of these folders.
Previous Topic: Mail client alternatives to Outlook
Next Topic: Outlook 2010 Calendar not syncing events properly
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 16:54:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00874 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.