Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOC not syncing correctly
  •  
lancorp

Send a private message to this user
All of the sudden, today we have three users (the two owners and an administrative assistant) who have inconsistencies between their Outlook (2007 and 2010) and what webmail shows. There is no rhyme or reason, as we haven't changed anything, but starting last week, one of the owners complained that her calendar on Outlook and her iPhone didn't match. Her iPhone was correct. The admin assistant that shares the owners calendar also had the correct calendar events.

Then, again, the admin assistant called me to say the other owners calendar in the assistant's Outlook (a shared calendar) also wasn't showing the correct info, as the SENT ITEMS folder of the shared calendar didn't have any of todays sent items, yet the other owner sent plenty of emails.

The webmail of the owner #2 shows all the sent items correctly. The Outlook of Owner #2 was missing all of todays sent item emails.

On the admin assistant's Outlook, I removed the shared mailbox from her Outlook and put it back in. After sync completed, the Sent items was correct.

It appears that the cache file is not updating correctly. If it was just one user, I'd write it off as a fluke. But with 3 users (maybe more, but only 3 that noticed it), it seems like we have a problem.

Ideas? I was going to reboot the Kerio server after office hours tonight, but not sure where else to look. Sure, I can reset the cache file, but I'd like to know WHY it's doing this.

Thanks.
  •  
lancorp

I mistyped in the 2nd paragraph. It should read:

"Then, again, the admin assistant called me to say the other owners SENT ITEMS in the assistant's Outlook (a shared calendar) also wasn't showing the correct info, as the SENT ITEMS folder of the shared calendar didn't have any of todays sent items, yet the other owner sent plenty of emails.
  •  
jnystrom

I think we have having a very similar issue. Users on Outlook 2007 are having issues where their inbox in outlook does not match their inbox on their phones. It also does not match their inbox on the webmail. This tells me Outlook is the one out of sync. I'm not sure if this is an Outlook problem or a Kerio Offline Connector problem.

Users on older versions of Outlook do not have this problem.
  •  
TorW

We have the same for about 10 users. Whenever they do mail operations on the iPhone, most changes (read status, moving between folders etc.) does not appear in Outlook 2007. This is quite an issue for the users who have followed earlier advice to file mail in various folders.

Note that KC 7.2.x and older wasn't formally compatible with iOS 5 (or at least that's what I could deduce from the 7.3.3 release docs). We upgraded from 7.2.3-patch1 to 7.3.3 last week, and I'm working with the users to find out whether this helped or not.
  •  
TorW

After a few weeks on KC 7.3.3 we still have this issue. Outlook 2007 SP3 with KOFF 7.3.3 does not show the same read/unread status and folder contents as iPhone (5.1.1) and Webmail.

We have created new Outlook profiles (from scratch) for those who have this problem, but it does not seem to have helped. I.e. when you delete, move or read a mail in Outlook, the changes appears to only sometimes sync back to the server, and then only with a delay of several hours. Note that this only seems to happen with large mailboxes (> 5 GB).

Webmail and iPhone seems to always be in sync.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 June 2012 11:51]

•  
jnystrom

We are on Kerio 7.3.2 and it does the same thing with Outlook 2010. Most of the emails sync fine but users get a few each day that never seem to sync from Outlook to webmail/iphone.

Like the previous user noted webmail and iphone are always in sync with each other. It is only changes made in Outlook that do not sync back to the others.
  •  
TorW

This leads me to believe there is a bug in Kerio Outlook Connector, and that it has been there for some time.

It's quite annoying, since we basically have to tell the users that they cannot trust changes in Outlook's mail account to properly show up elsewhere.

... and with the havoc 7.4.x seems to cause for some, upgrading (yet again) is not an option operations wise.

This is what we have done so far. Nothing fixed the Outlook sync problem:

• Re-synced the KOFF cache - several times
  • Deleted and recreated the Outlook profile
  • Deleted and recreated the Activesync account on the iPhone
  • Upgraded Kerio Connect to 7.3.3, which has support for iOS 5.x

We have also confirmed that message store changes done with Webmail or any Activesync account propagates back to the message store, while changes done in Outlook randomly don't.

The case have been reported to Kerio Support quite a while ago, although I'm not sure how I'm supposed to file logs showing nothing's happening.
  •  
silver.mab

Was there any update to this? Has this been solved?

We, too, have these problems with 3 users (out of 20) even with the latest Kerio version (and different Outlook versions). Those users are those longest in the company, so their accounts were migrated through various Kerio version and they have accumulated 15+ GB data.

I was in contact with Kerio support about this problem a year ago, but they couldn't reproduce it.
  •  
KasperV

We are also experiencing these issues, latest version of Kerio, so still isn't solved.

When I sent something to the shared inbox and delete it in the webmail, it stays in Outlook. When I delete it from the Outlook-side, webmail is instantly updated.

•  
Aux

Same here with Apple Mail, iPhone and Kerio. Sometimes there's a delay of 15 minutes before Apple Mail (IMAP) shows email that the webmail & iPhone already show.
  •  
KasperV

In our case, something that sometimes seem to help (temporarily) is a "more actions" -> "reindex mailbox" on the account of the user.

This will also trigger an integrity check, can be monitored in config.log
Previous Topic: mac - best practices
Next Topic: Strange issue with Connect and iCal - 404 errors
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 15:02:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00493 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.