Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Handling of large mailboxes / automated clean-out
  •  
megerle

Send a private message to this user
We are using kerio mailserver / connect for years now and are very happy with it.
Now we have a new mailserver that we use for automated mail communication for status reports. We have one mail address that is defined for all the communication. We receive about 8000 mails per day (all with reports as attachment). Only about 1% of those have to be kept and worked with manually. The rest has to be kept for 6 or 7 days and then be deleted automatically. So I set up a new user in kerio and activated automated clean-out and forwareded the 99% status reports to that account. They are sorted with various rules to different folders to make it easier to find specific reports.

1. Is there a way to set the automatic deletion for an account to less than 30 days (for all folders!) Maybe there is a way to change that directly in some configuration file.

2. The documentation says "To avoid the server's overload, up to 1000 items is deleted from each folder within one clean-out". Where can I see when and how often a cleanout is performed? If there are always only 1000 mails cleaned out this could become a problem, right? Or am I wrong?

3. Is there a way to use filters on existing folders? We have a folder with more than 800.000 mails in it and I need to get the 1% of relevant mail. If there is no way to get it filtered, is it the easiest way to stop the server and just delete the whole folder? Or will that cause problems? I need to get rid of this huge folder and kerio is not able to handle it (causes overload).

Thanks a lot for every hint. Of course the best solution for all those problems would be a way to set clean-up rules on folders, but thats still not possible with kerio ;-(
Previous Topic: Update Kerio Outlook Connector to 7.4 failed
Next Topic: 7.4 Sophos out of date
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 23:53:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00354 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.