Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Can't Hear Anyone on Outbound (They hear me, but i can't hear them.)
  •  
migsutu

Send a private message to this user
I had tested Operator with Voicepulse, and had some quality issues with them, but everything worked as expected.

My ISP offers a SIP trunk as well, so I am trying it out. I set it up, and I am able to call out, however when I call out, I don't hear a ringing, and I never hear anyone on the other end speaking. They CAN hear me speaking though. Has anyone encountered this? It is like this on all my extensions when calling out.

I also am not able to call in on the new number. It tells me the number is unavailable, and my phones don't ring.

Is there something specific in the logs I should be looking for. I haven't contacted my ISP yet hoping someone had a similar issue and an easy fix that I overlooked.

Thanks.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

I guess you should check your firewall configuration. This looks like you block all inbound UDP traffic. The firewall should allow UDP communication if it was initiated from your LAN (from Operator).
  •  
migsutu

I forwarded port 5060 UDP/TCP to the Operator server. No difference. I can make outbound calls, I just don't hear any ringing or anyone talking. The other line rings, and they can hear me. Very strange.

I am waiting to hear back from my ISP if they have any thoughts. Here is how I am connecting currently. It is slighlty unusual since I dont need a username or password ect.

Basically I was given my number and the IP of the server. No registration required. It is validated by my public IP given to me from the ISP. They are using port 5060. Thats all the info I put into Operator. Am I missing something crucial that would cause this?

Thanks.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

•  
migsutu

Forwarding the RTP ports has resolved the issue. I haven't tested inbound calls yet, but I can call out and have a 2 way conversation! Thanks for the help. That last link helped.
Previous Topic: Update to 1.2.2
Next Topic: BLF on Thomson phones
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 03:57:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00386 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.