Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Free Mail Server Helper (A utility database for Kerio Connect)
  •  
Bryan at Deneb

Send a private message to this user
All:

I have been using a FileMaker Pro database to do a couple of things that I can't do directly from Kerio Connect Admin:

1. We host Kerio Connect accounts and needed the ability to calculate amount owed based on the number of accounts and storage quota. The Mail Server Helper database will read in the users export file from Connect and provide billing summaries.

2. I get contacted on a regular basis because users or administrators will question what happened to various email messages or want to see activity for a certain time period. Since the Kerio Connect operations log contains information for all the domains, I can't just send a section of a log file without cleaning it up. So, the Mail Server Helper database will import the operations log and parse the values into fields. This makes finding a select group of operations for a single domain or user easy to do.

I decided to make this simple database available to the Kerio Connect community as a FileMaker Pro Runtime. I have also created a short tutorial video which shows how to use the database. Both the video and downloads for Mac and Windows versions are available at http://www.denebcorp.com. Just go to Download > FileMaker Pro Databases

I hope some other Kerio Connect admins find this useful.

Bryan
  •  
TorW

Definitely something to check out since we bill a lot of our users this way. We don't bill them in US dollars though, but I guess it's really just a number with a dollar sign in front Wink

Off to download then. Thanks!
  •  
Bryan at Deneb

I hope you find the database useful. My plan was to take any feedback and hopefully make some updates to the database in the next couple of weeks.

I can certainly put a selector for currency.

Bryan
  •  
My IT Indy

Bryan,

Thanks for creating and posting this tool for us to use! Here are some ideas:

1) We're finding more and more customers putting data in the Public folder rather than keeping it in their account, we need to be able to account for that.
2) Can you somehow NOT require the manual download of the csv file from the Kerio server? We have multiple servers with several dozen domains each, download that csv file for each domain isn't a quick thing. What if you could import a text file that's a unix script dump that displays the domains and usage for each seat?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Bryan at Deneb

Great ideas.

Item #1: I'm not sure that Kerio keeps track of the amount of storage used in Public Folders. If the Mail Server Helper were run on the server, it could find the Public folders for each domain and get the storage used.

Item #2: A a single import file would save me time as well. If you can help me get a combined export file, I will modify the import process to the database.

Bryan
Previous Topic: Error in log
Next Topic: Kerio Outlook Connector Error - Failed_Conversions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 03:46:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00412 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.