Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Invalid password for user
  •  
skeates

Send a private message to this user
Just setup Kerio Connect 7.4 on a clean 10.7 Lion server install. I've setup AppleĀ® Open Directory (Kerberosā„¢ 5 authentication) and I am able to import my users.

When I try to login I just get HTTP/WebMail: Invalid password for user user<_at_>domain.com. Attempt from IP address x.x.x.x

Any one got any ideas. I can't try the switch to crypt password trick as it seems to no longer be available in 10.7 server so I'm at a bit of a loss. The users existed before I did the install of Kerio, but I've tried with new users as well.

There is no migration involved at all the server and Kerio are all clean installs

Any suggestions would be helpful.
  •  
skeates

Just been looking through the debug logs and I'm getting this. Not sure if this is an issue with Kerio or with my server though.

10/May/2012 20:44:21][2972487680] {auth} Krb5: entering auth (user: user<_at_>DOMAIN.COM)
[10/May/2012 20:44:22][2972487680] {auth} Krb5: get_init_creds_password(krbtgt/DOMAIN.COM@DOMAIN.COM, user<_at_>DOMAIN.COM): Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm, error code 0x96c73a9c (-1765328228)
[10/May/2012 20:44:24][2886169280] {auth} Krb5: get_init_creds_password(krbtgt/DOMAIN.COM@DOMAIN.COM, user<_at_>DOMAIN.COM): Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm, error code 0x96c73a9c (-1765328228)
  •  
skeates

Thanks. I found the just before you posted the comment. I've run through it a few times now and still no joy.

I'm getting the following error when I run the kinit -S host/server_name@KERBEROS_REALM user_name@REALM command

kinit: krb5_get_init_creds: unable to reach any KDC in realm DOMAIN.COM

So looks like the issue is with the KDC so if any one has any ideas that would be grateful.
  •  
TorW

The issue is probably with your Kerberos configuration, not the KDC as such. The error message explicitly states that no KDC can be reached, so you may have entered an invalid, unreachable or unresolvable hostname in the kerberos config.
  •  
skeates

I've resolved it now. All the information is in the https://kb.kerio.com/article/kerberos-authentication-with-os x-107-against-an-opendirectory-server-911.html, it's just very easy to miss some of it out. I'm probably just going to write a script to do this. I can't see why it's not part of the configuration process to detect if your running 10.7 and create the file with the correct paramiters.
Previous Topic: Footer - questions
Next Topic: Kerio SpamAssassin version very old
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 16:05:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00392 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.