Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Incoming Calls Not Working (Just Busy Signals When Dialing Number)
  •  
migsutu

Send a private message to this user
I assumed when I got the RTP ports fowarded, my incoming calls would work as well. While my outbound calls work beautifully now, I still dont' have working inbound calls. I decided to create a seperate thread since this is a different problem.

My ISP is providing the SIP trunk. I was told to enter in the IP of the server, my phone number. There is no username/password, I am being authenticated by my public ip. I have "required to register with registrar" unchecked. The connection symbol next to my interface is green. Outbound calls work no problem.

Anytime I try and call in, I get a busy signal. I had my ISP check their end, and everything looked good. They suggested setting up the inbound side with my number, but I assumed I had done that in the Call Routing section.

Where should I begin to ID the problem?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

A frequent problem is to have the phone number right in Operator so it matches the format sent by the SIP carrier. Sometimes you need to include the area code, or the country code without "+" at the beginning, sometimes the "+" has to be there... Check your SIP provider's how-to or configuration examples to find out.

If you do not find a clue there, try enabling the SIP and Asterisk messages in the debug log or better yet, capture the packets with the built-in packet sniffer (under System -> Network) and analyze the communication with Wireshark (several useful VoIP tools under the Telephony menu).

Vladimir
  •  
migsutu

First I attempted using the country code in front of my number, then a + and country code, with no change.

I used the packet sniffer and wireshark, and I knew the calls were getting to Operator at least. I was going to ask someone to check the logs, but I decided to try and reboot Operator with just the country code in front of my number. Upon reboot, incoming calls are working fine!

So I am not sure if it was something to do with setting the number and needing to be rebooted after the change or not. However that is what it seems like from the symptoms.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

This is a bit strange. You should not need to restart, changes are applied immediately as you save them.
  •  
migsutu

Things may get a little stranger here.

This morning I tested outbound and inbound calls to make sure everything was good, it was. So I decided to direct inbound calls to a new extension. Before we were directing inbound calls to extension 12, now I changed it to extension 10. Now when I try calling inbound I get the message the number is unavailable.

I am going to try and restart Operator and restart all extensions to see if it works to the proper extension. I will keep you updated with the results.

UPDATE:

Changine to extension 10 handling the incoming calls has not worked. Restarting Operator and the the phone made no difference. I got a message saying the number was unavailable. Changing back to extension 12 handling inbound, and everything works normally 100%.

Does this mean something with the provisioning of the phones is not setup properly?

[Updated on: Mon, 14 May 2012 16:54]

•  
migsutu

Ok. It felt like something with ext. 12 wasn't configured right, and it wasn't. I checked the behind a nat box, and everything works perfectly now.
Previous Topic: Input/Output Error?
Next Topic: Kerio Operator 2.0.0 Beta 2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 18:23:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00513 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.