Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connector Memory Leak? (Kerio Connector Memory Leak?)
  •  
yeayea911

Send a private message to this user
Hi folks,

We recently updated to Kerio 7.4 on our server. Along with the update, the KOC was updated well naturally.

I noticed on one of our users that his machines become really slow after a day of use.

I did all the normal stuff, defrag, virus scan, malware scan, cleaned up the registry, ect ect...When ya don't run outlook, the machine is preppy with 4GB of memory and a Core 2 Duo Processor.

However, I was in task manager and saw that "KOFFBACKEND.EXE" was running at 513MB!!!! I rebooted the machine and the memory that was being used was only 1.4GB (Out of 4GB total) Keep in mind that the only thing this machine does is email, word and excel, nothing else...

Outlook itself is only taking up 77MB when it is not doing anything. But through out the day, with outlook open, the koffbackend just starts to suck up a ton of memory.

I am upgrading to 8GB tomorrow as a work around (Hopefully) to see if this helps. But since Kerio is now paid tech support, I don't feel like wasting $80 to chat with a tech support person for 2 mins and have them tell me it is a bug.

Does anyone else have this iisue?

Windows 7, Office 2010 (x86) WITH SP2...
  •  
Kedar

yeayea911 wrote on Fri, 11 May 2012 01:24
I don't feel like wasting $80 to chat with a tech support person for 2 mins and have them tell me it is a bug.

http://www.kerio.com/support
"If we determine that the incident is caused by a bug in the Kerio software, you will not be charged."
  •  
pcunix

yeayea911 wrote on Thu, 10 May 2012 19:24
But since Kerio is now paid tech support, I don't feel like wasting $80 to chat with a tech support person for 2 mins and have them tell me it is a bug.

Sigh..

If it IS a bug, there won't be any $80.00 charge.

I understand why this happens, but it's still frustrating to see it echoed again and again.

On the other hand, I realize why there is hesitation in a case like this. Is it a Kerio problem or is there some silly Outlook/Windows configuration issue that can cause KOFF to get confused? If the latter, will Kerio consider that a chargeable call? I would say that they should not - the intent of this is to push the "read the manual" kind of support back on the resellers where it belongs and misbehaving apps aren't usually in the manual.

In fact, if I were in charge, that's just how I'd do it: if the support tech can point to at a plain and simple explanation in the manual or a kb article, then fine, charge for the call. If not, no charge. I'd also appoint an ombudsman who could intercede in the cases where the manual has the answer but is poorly written and leads to confusion. I'd tell the support people that if the customer cries foul on that basis, pass it to the ombudsman automatically (and then improve the docs!).

But I'm not in charge. Probably a good thing for other reasons Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 11 May 2012 12:40]

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
jmergy

Hopefully Kerio Support is done now setting up their credit card processing software bookmarks and can take a look at this issue.

Let an Outlook 2011 w/connector run for a few hours and have the KOFF consume more and more RAM. Quit Outlook (and the connector) and not get the RAM back without a reboot.

Previous Topic: Kerio SpamAssassin version very old
Next Topic: Header Rewrite with Kerio Connect on Debian
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 17 23:21:53 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00424 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.