Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPad sends multiple declined invitation messages
  •  
mhallee

Send a private message to this user
A user received a monthly repeated event. He declined it on his iPad. Since then, the iPad has been sending, on a daily basis, 5-8 "Declined: Event Name" messages via email. Any idea ow to stop this, except for shutting off the iPad?

iPad is on firmware 5.1, setup with the Kerio setup profile from the webmail page.
Kerio is on 7.3.2 build 6388
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Does the user synchronize any shared/public calendars to his device?

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
mhallee

He only has his Kerio calendar, no shared/public calendars.

I just found out it is the iPhone who sends the email. I deleted the iPhone kerio profile, shut down the iPhone and reinstalled the kerio user profile. I'll post back with the results.

[14/May/2012 10:30:39] Recv: Queue-ID: 4fb1170f-0004ff84, Service: ActiveSync, From: <sender>, To: <destination>, Size: 2214, Sender: Apple-iPhone4C1/902.206
  •  
dsegel

We've had a lot of problems with iPads and iPhones sending multiple accept or decline messages, but it seems to be happening less now that we've upgraded the iOS devices to 5.1 or 5.1.1 and Kerio to 7.4.0. For a while it was really annoying - somebody would schedule a meeting and then get a dozen acceptance replies *every* *single* *time* an invitee opened their calendar on the iOS device.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 May 2012 18:51]

•  
dsegel

This problem has come back with a vengeance. Somebody creates a calendar event using Outlook 2011 on a Mac (for example), I accept it on my iPhone, and thereafter every single time I open the calendar on my iPhone it sends a new acceptance message. Sometimes multiple messages. One time recently there were over 60 acceptance messages sent within a few seconds.

It only does this for Kerio accounts. Not with gmail, not with Exchange.

At this point I'd be happy just being told where to look for debugging info or help. Deleting and re-adding the calendar seems to help in the short term, but the problem keeps coming back.

iOS 6.1.3, Kerio Connect 8.1 RC 1.
  •  
thomas_next

I've got reports from several users having the same problem. Is there any workaround for this?
  •  
chewett

Same issue's here. We are being bombarded on our iOS devices by calendar invitations. Kerio please address this issue.
  •  
th

Any news here?
I have the same problem with repeatedly answered invitation messages - it is rather fuzzy to identify the responsible system, e.g. iPhone 5, iPad 3, Thunderbird on OS X, Calendar on OS X, ...
  •  
chrism

Anyone any progress on this.
Seems to be linked with shared calendars via Ativesync on iPhones, Kerio have told me.
  •  
Aux

Same here with Kerio 8.2.4 and iOS 7.1. One user kept receiving accepted emails a few times a day on multiple events.

Just deactivated the calendar in the iPhone (settings --> mail), waited until they disappeared and deactivated them again. Let's see if this will work.
  •  
chrism

Aux, did your user have other delegates calendars on the iPhone via activesync?
  •  
Aux

Nope, just his Google calendar and Kerio via active sync.
  •  
Scissors

We have the same problem from time to time.

One user (A) invites another user (B) to an event, which he declines. The user B's iPhone keeps sending declines every time he opens his calender app. It doesn't matter if user A removes the event all together, user B's iphone keeps sending mails.

This is very annoying. I have turned on ActiveSync debug-logging and have logs from one occasion this happens that I can share with Kerio support/developers if needed.
  •  
Scissors

I have the latest Kerio release 8.4.1, by the way. And the latest iOS on the iphone.
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Scissors wrote on Tue, 27 January 2015 10:19
We have the same problem from time to time.

One user (A) invites another user (B) to an event, which he declines. The user B's iPhone keeps sending declines every time he opens his calender app. It doesn't matter if user A removes the event all together, user B's iphone keeps sending mails.

This is very annoying. I have turned on ActiveSync debug-logging and have logs from one occasion this happens that I can share with Kerio support/developers if needed.

Does user B synchronize any shared or public calendar on his iPhone? If so, then this is a known bug in iOS.
I would recommend to use CalDAV instead of EAS. It would solve the problem.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Previous Topic: Kerio Exchange Migration Tool
Next Topic: Google Forms Emailed Responses
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Jan 21 18:28:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05787 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.