Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Developer Zone » API/SDK Writers » Call for ideas
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi developers!

What's your most frequent task you usually do when managing your Kerio Connect server?

• Creating new users?
  • Changing passwords?
  • Checking mailing queue?

Let us know so we can prepare some new examples for you that will suit your needs.

We are looking to your feedback.

Thank you very much!

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

The views I express are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Kerio Technologies.
  •  
JEREMYNO

most Creating new users Smile
  •  
pcunix

I can't say there is anything I do frequently. Of course I'm not typically doing admin tasks - most of the time I'm looking at administration because I'm either trying to fix a problem or am simply turning on some feature that needs to be on.

I think that in general, just documenting every call with an example clip (not a full program, but more than just header info) would be helpful. The problem with the sparse stuff you have now is that (because of unfamiliarity with the interfaces) I get sucked into the rabbit hole, descending deeper and deeper as I chase down what is actually meant. By the time I emerge with the rabbit in my teeth, I've forgotten what I was after in the first place!

I still haven't gotten back to finish the last API related project I was looking at. Just too many other shiny objects distracting me!

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
Miroslav Osladil (Kerio)

Great, thank you guys!

Miroslav Osladil
Senior Developer
Kerio Technologies

The views I express are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Kerio Technologies.
  •  
My IT Indy

Adding/removing users, changing passwords
also it would be awesome if we could somehow have the ability to update Kerio Connect from 1 interface on all platforms we install on. We manage two dozen or so installs and they vary from Mac, Linux, even Windows.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
coolnicks

Checking logs and queue, checking storage usage, adding domains, add/edit/del users/groups/aliases

@HoosierMac Thats just given me a thought - an API based web admin (identical to real web admin) that you can install centrally and use to manage a number of installs would be AWSOME, bonus for connect and control admin in one
  •  
My IT Indy

Here's another idea, how about the ability to pull user info for billing purposes? We are a hosted provider and it would be awesome if we could establish certain rates and directly pull the usage info right from the servers, import it into a billing solution, and generate invoices?

-
My IT Indy
  •  
Dusan Vitek (Kerio)

@HoosierMac - Is there a particular billing system you like to use?

VP Worldwide Marketing
Kerio Technologies

http://twitter.com/dusanvitek
  •  
My IT Indy

Dusan Vitek (Kerio) wrote on Thu, 31 May 2012 13:25
@HoosierMac - Is there a particular billing system you like to use?

Right now we use Quickbooks on Windows which has an API for integrating apps to it. Our helpdesk currently uses that API as well and dumps XML files for us to directly import into Quickbooks for billing.

-
My IT Indy
Previous Topic: experience using API with .NET Framework (VB/C#)
Next Topic: Settings.cfg
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 08:09:10 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00493 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.