Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 7.4 -- should i upgrade? (win, lose or draw?)
  •  
stothers

Send a private message to this user
Just wondering about the prevailing opinion of the newest patch?

My system is almost working perfectly, but there are still some lingering issues...

-- attaching PDF's to emails creates duplicate attachment
-- high CPU utilization with multiple calendars open
-- duplicate emails being sent (two copies go out to recipient)

should i upgrade?

•  
john_rothenberg

I wouldnt bother, it looks as though there are issues with the stability of 7.4:
Active syncs causing crashes/freezes on some server OS.
Logs are reading incorrectly.
I've noticed we never had high CPU with 7.3 and now we DO have high cpu since 7.4 upgrade ... i think they've done an 'apple' and let us be guinea pigs for this release... sigh.
Major non beta release 7.4 ... mmm..
  •  
stothers

thanks, but unfortunately i already did it.

I have a bug in the system that i can't seem to track down. i was hoping the patch would fix it, but still no luck.

the patch went in fine, but now my CPU is spiked.

i may have to crack out my credit card and go through Kerio...

[Updated on: Tue, 22 May 2012 15:58]

•  
McIrish

After reading of all the bugs in 7.4, I sure am thankful I didn't install it yet. It makes me wonder who is doing beta testing. This is a major revision change. You'd think they would have tested it better before releasing it. Bugs in Connect affect ENTIRE companies, not just a single user. I wish they had a better grip on the whole "mission critical" thing.....
  •  
sfpete

On the contrary... KC 7.4 was a saving grace for us.

It has re-allowed us to do calendar delegation in Outlook 2011 without bringing the server to it's knees.

Haven't experienced any downside to it yet.
  •  
pcunix

sfpete wrote on Wed, 23 May 2012 12:34

On the contrary... KC 7.4 was a saving grace for us.

It has re-allowed us to do calendar delegation in Outlook 2011 without bringing the server to it's knees.

Haven't experienced any downside to it yet.

That's the thing, isn't it? I haven't heard any cries of outrage from my customers - and 7.4 has fixed things that were annoyingly broken in 7.3.

Of course not all have upgraded yet, so someone still could stumble across a problem as Jonathan apparently has. These things happen: Kerio can't conceive of every possible configuration, never mind test every one.

Just because you have a problem or don't have a problem doesn't mean that someone else won't have a different experience. We all know that, but it helps to be reminded of it now and then.

7.4 is not "broken". No doubt rough edges will always remain and sometimes things snag on rough edges. That doesn't mean YOU will have a problem.

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
Previous Topic: Running 7.4 on Centos 6.2
Next Topic: Sending mail as a delegate broken in 7.4?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 16:32:35 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00543 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.