Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook hangs (For the past month, Outlook (all versions) with 7.3.1 Koff hangs)
  •  
Waco1

Send a private message to this user
For about the last month, we've had a problem where Outlook (2003, 2007, and 2010) will intermittently hang during basic operations eg, deleting a message, or selecting a different folder. Outlook displays (not responding) in the status bar.

After 30 seconds to a minute, Outlook completes the operation and continues.

7.3.1 KC on Ubuntu 11.04. Load is negligible. RAM usage is modest. Disk I/O benchmarks at 1.87GB/s write *sustained*. That's GigaBYTES ie, fast.
1Gbps network.
Nothing has been changed (by me).
All COM Add-ins, except Kerio, are disabled.
No Google Desktop Search.

Did Microsoft release an Outlook patch for Windows similar to SP2 for Mac Outlook 2011?

I plan to update to 7.3.3 this weekend, but I'd like to know what's wrong NOW. This is affecting about 50 users. Everyone else is on Android/iPhone/WebMail...
  •  
Myteksolutions

I'm having the same issue with 7.4. When Outlook first opens it hangs for about 30 seconds on a handful of PCs. Also will freeze when navagating around. I have all my add-ons disabled, etc. Sad
  •  
Waco1

Do you have SSL and Compression enabled in Connector settings?

That fixed it here. I should have posted an update, but have been too busy.
  •  
Myteksolutions

Not to sound stupid, but I don't see those options in my connector. Can you please specify where exactly? Thanks.
  •  
Myteksolutions

Nevermind I found them in the settings under Mail in the control panel. Did you leave them checked or uncheck them? Thanks.
  •  
Waco1

Checked (default). I had unchecked them because Microsoft hosed up SSL with a patch.
  •  
Myteksolutions

Mine are both checked. I'm still having the lagging upon opening Outlook and syncing here and there.
  •  
Waco1

That's different than my problem, then. Maybe it's 7.4... Setting the defaults completely corrected that behavior on 7.3.3.
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect Archiving
Next Topic: Kerio Backup Taking All Disk I/O
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 09:09:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00489 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.