Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Ratio of incoming messages for delivery per hour has decreased in Kerio Connect 7.4
  •  
enfoque_traza

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I use Kerio Connect as a mail server on a small bussines (50 users) and as a relay server for a phplist installation.

When upgrading from KC 7.3.2 to 7.4.0, phplist has decreased its ratio of sending messages for delivery to my Kerio Connect server from 3000 messages per hour to 600 messages per hour, without any configuration change on both installations (kerio and phplist).

It seems to be an effect of the upgrade. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance,

Jaime
  •  
Waco1

Is the phplist code yours? Is it logging any connection errors with the relay (Kerio)? Are you seeing errors anywhere at all?

Could this just be a coincidence?

It doesn't look like you have identified any error yet. Nobody here can do that.

A change from 3000/hr to 0/hr would mean that there is a definite problem. But a change from 3000/hr to 600/hr might only mean that a lot of people went to eat lunch at the same time.
  •  
Kedar

- check warning/error/security logs
- check CPU and disk activity on server, if it's early after upgrade, it's possible all users are not fully synchronized or there should be some database upgrade active
  •  
enfoque_traza

Waco1 wrote on Fri, 18 May 2012 14:19
Is the phplist code yours? Is it logging any connection errors with the relay (Kerio)? Are you seeing errors anywhere at all?

I use a phplist standard installation on Centos 6.0. No error found in logs.

Here you have the stats of the phplist (related to the day I upgraded Kerio Connect)

day -2: 1020 messages sent at 3194 messages/hour
day -2: 3564 messages sent at 3164 messages/hour
day -1: 2545 messages sent at 3139 messages/hour

kerio connect upgraded to 7.4

day: 317 messages sent at 643 messages/hour
day: 642 messages sent at 639 messages/hour
day: 615 messages sent at 641 messages/hour
day +1: 888 messages sent at 638 messages/hour
day+3: 2544 messages sent at 636 messages/hour

Waco1 wrote on Fri, 18 May 2012 14:19

Could this just be a coincidence?

Regarding to the stats I get it seems to be an effect of the upgrade. Don't you think so?

•  
enfoque_traza

Radek Sip (KERIO) wrote on Fri, 18 May 2012 14:21
- check warning/error/security logs
- check CPU and disk activity on server, if it's early after upgrade, it's possible all users are not fully synchronized or there should be some database upgrade active

-No errors in warning/error/security logs
-System health is ok
-I restarted the server (2008R2) when the upgrade was finished

I don't know where to find a clue...

•  
scottwilkins

"- check CPU and disk activity on server, if it's early after upgrade, it's possible all users are not fully synchronized or there should be some database upgrade active"

I've seen this occur many times. A Kerio update usually takes a while (up to a few days depending on user activity and system ability) to complete database upgrades across all users. During this time, mail is slower. Usually not very noticably though. That is not noticable unless you are watching the numbers... Wink
  •  
hbianchi

version 7.4 has some big internal problem. Many users had to went back to 7.3.3 or earlier because the system begun to crash. Kerio said this was related to ActiveSync service. In my case, it didn't crash (until yesterday) but indeed i noted the system much more slow and frequently it seemed "frozen" for a while. New version has completely changed "spamAssesin" module and the way it stores the spamassesin data. This can be directly connected with smtp relay speed because all messages go through the antispam (perhaps you have to disable spamassesin and all other antispam stuff, and test). Problem with Active Sync has already been recognized by Kerio as a bug (a big one) and recomendation is to downgrade or disable ActiveSync (impossible).
So, my feeling is that 7.4 is not stable and mature and you should consider to downgrade (its about 15 minutes blackout of service) and test if speed is back the previous one.
  •  
enfoque_traza

I've just deactivated spamassassin and the performance of delivery is still reduced to 600 messages per hour.

hbianchi wrote on Fri, 18 May 2012 20:08
you should consider to downgrade (its about 15 minutes blackout of service) and test if speed is back the previous one.

Is it easy to downgrade? What should I do?

Thanks,
  •  
hbianchi

To upgrade you must:

- backup config files (just in case)
- stop kerio connect
- uninstall kerio connect 7.4
- install kerio connect 7.3.3
- when you upgraded from 7.3.3, the process created a .../Mailstore/spamAssesin/bayes/backup_before_migration directory where all previous spamassesin files are. You should copy them back to the Mailstore/spamassesin/bayes directory.
- start kerio again.

Tis took me no more than 15 minutes.
Previous Topic: Security question
Next Topic: how to restore sub map under inbox only
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 04:46:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00473 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.