Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Incompatible KOC 7.4.0 with Outlook 2007
  •  
Bob Johnston

Send a private message to this user
I've spent about two hours trying to find a solution to a problem. I can't seem to find anything on the Kerio forum.

Workstations: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, and Office 2007

I am trying to install the KC 7.4.0 KOC, but am getting nowhere fast. I have manually downloaded and successfully installed the KOC (Offline Edition). Outlook 2007 stops responding with an "incompatible version" error. I have to force quit Outlook 2007. I get the same result on two different computers.

I then uninstalled the KOC, restarted the computers, and tried to download and auto configure via webmail on our KC server. I soon get an "unspecified error" relating to the KOC_Prifile_Config.cmd buried inside the USER/AppData/subfolders.

Any thoughts on why the KOC 7.4.0 is incompatible and then locks up Outlook 2007?

Thanks...
  •  
ccjwells

What version of Kerio Connect is running on the server?
  •  
Bob Johnston

KC 7.4.0 running on OS X 10.6.8 (Mac Pro).

Office and Outlook 2007 are fully patched to latest version.
  •  
ccjwells

And for the last of my dumb questions, are you using the 32bit KOC?
  •  
Bob Johnston

Hmmm...

I downloaded the KOC using webmail and saved the installer, then installed it. It automatically downloaded it.

I assume I need the 32-bit because Outlook 2007 is 32-bit? Windows 7 Pro is 64-bit, but I think Office 2007 is 32-bit.
  •  
ccjwells

That is correct, KOC matches office and not the OS. I can't see any other reason for the incompatible error other than an old version not being uninstalled properly.

Have you tried wiping the profile out and then doing the auto-config again? If you do try that, I believe Outlook needs started once before trying to run the auto-config.
  •  
Bob Johnston

I'll physically download the 32-bit version, install it, and then try the auto config.

I have not deleted the profile in Outlook yet, but will try these things later this afternoon or Monday, and will report back.

Thanks for the info.
  •  
Bob Johnston

I downloaded the KOC 32-bit and manually tried to add an email account. Outlook 2007 freezes with the "incompatible version" message in the tray at the bottom of the screen. Clicking the error message to download the correct version does nothing at all. Outlook then displays an error message "A dialog box is open, close it and try again." I have to force quit Outlook. Clicking any Outlook window just chimes at me and nothing happens.

I then downloaded the KOC_Profile_Config.cmd from our mail server and manually ran it. It allowed me to set up an Outlook account, but Outlook would stop responding whenever I tried to verify the account settings.

I came back to Outlook an hour later and it seems to be working OK. Have no idea why I've had trouble, and I'm not 100% convinced KOC is installed and working as it should.
Previous Topic: How to tag an email with "bounce" in return-path?
Next Topic: can not share outlook calender
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 21:33:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00710 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.