Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio server replacement
  •  
bojan.vujic

Send a private message to this user
Hello Everybody,

I have to replace old physical server with new one. On old server I have installed kerio connect which is integrated with Microsoft Active Directory.

What would be best upgrade path, since I need as less downtime as possible?

Any advice how to do this?
  •  
BudDurland

Send a private message to this user
It would help to know the size of the message store, the host OS, the number of users, and some other tidbits like that. Are you planning a Kerio version upgrade at the same time?

Generally, it is pretty easy to install Kerio Connect without a license on the new server, and get everything configured.

Then, to migrate users and data, stop the services on the old server, do a final backup, then use KMSRECOVER on the new server to restore everything. This is the supported method, but does result in the most downtime. You might want to do a test run to get an idea of how long it takes.

If both servers are running windows, there's another COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED way to move the data that will mean much less downtime. This method is based on the assumption that the bulk of mail data is static. Set up the new server as described above. DO NOT shutdown the old server yet, but make sure that Kerio is shutdown on the new server. Use the ROBOCOPY utility to copy the data folders from the old server to the new server. When that completes, shutdown the old server, and use ROBOCOPY to catch up any changes (I forget the exact options). Once that's complete, change IP addresses on the new server as appropriate & start Kerio

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
Previous Topic: Recurring Appointments
Next Topic: Kerio Connect tab in Outlook 2010 is missing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 19:49:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00341 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.