Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » outlook offline connector KOFMSP.DLL
  •  
steve-sydney

Send a private message to this user
background,
have been working fine with outlook 2010 and kerio for a few months in testing phase. Like the product and want to move ahead. So added main domain to server.
Went to change user on outlook 2010 but couldnt so removed account in mail setup - outlook.
Created new account with details - ok
started outlook and clicked on account and in the folders had multiple error emails about folder synchronisation and no mail.
removed account and uninstalled kerio connector
downloaded kerio connector and installed.
setup account and ran outlook
got message about upgrade - clicked yes
upgrade complete outlook tried to open then got the
"cannot open your degault email folders. an unexpected error has occured. mapi was unable to load the information service KOFMSP.DLL be sure the service is corerctly installed and configured.
I uninstalled kerio connector and reinstalled
setup account, upgraded same error.
I uninstalled kerio connector and reinstalled
setup account, didnt upgrade - well no mail its offline.
DOH!
check google tried the other download -larger file 40mb .msi ok cool
install kerio connector - setup account - start outlook and upgrade kerio connector.
same error.
search google again - check path, yep path is ok.
search google again - found a post suggesting creatig a new outlook profile.
create new profile, go through all steps same error.
DOH!
search for KOFMSP.DLL file - its not there - Wha?
but KOFMSP32.DLL was there - rename ? hell why not tried everything else and ive been a good boy for the last couple of days - never know maybe... - nope. DOH
now posting on forum in abbreviated sentences to prevent a wall of text with my sad story and hoping for a ray of light

so anyone with some suggestion because im guessed out of ideas.

steve
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

You went into such detail I'm only going to ask because you didn't state 2 things.

1. You downloaded the KOFF from your server correct, the link on the webmail page.

2. You rebooted after you installed KOFF correct?

Sorry these are such simple suggestions, but wanted to rule the simple stuff out first.

- Brian
Kerio Preferred Partner, Reseller & Hosting Provider
Unified Technology Solutions
  •  
steve-sydney

Hi Brian,

I'll try both those things.
Also that could also explain why i couldnt find a copy of the downloaded connector on the pc and had to download again.
I'll report back asap.
  •  
steve-sydney

Excellent that worked THANK YOU VERY MUCH! It has created a new outlook profile, I can deal with that but is it possible to add it to an existing profile?

•  
steve-sydney

to reply directly on what you said.
I downloaded the connector from the kerio website.
Ive noticed its a different version too.
  •  
UnifiedTechs-Brian

steve-sydney wrote on Wed, 23 May 2012 21:29
Excellent that worked THANK YOU VERY MUCH! It has created a new outlook profile, I can deal with that but is it possible to add it to an existing profile?

No you can not use an existing profile, Kerio does not store the data on the PC the same way Outlook does so you have to recreate the profile from scratch. (You can use outlook to import the mail from your old PST. Or export it before changing if on Exchange currently.)

- Brian
Kerio Preferred Partner, Reseller & Hosting Provider
Unified Technology Solutions
  •  
steve-sydney

Thank you for your help Brian.
Previous Topic: license expire alert
Next Topic: Running 7.4 on Centos 6.2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 08:42:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.