Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Dovecot Extract sl server 10.6.8 (Dovecot Extract sl server 10.6.8)
  •  
rvgulik

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

To make a long story short, somebody messed up a snow leopard server completely.
We ended up installing Lion Server together with Kerio Connect.

I've managed to reserve the old mailstore which are in a directory called ../data/mail/3D975BB9-BE76-4973-986B-908997CD3D77 (example)

In this mailstore there are a lot of directories which are hidden like .INBOX.Info etc. AND directories like cur , new , tmp.

Is it possible to extract the emails from those folders and put them in a readable format? Or export them to a mbox file?

I really need to figure this out or else all email will be lost.

BR

Robert
  •  
Green Mini host

Send a private message to this user
Hi Robert,

Did you already tried to 'mount' this mailstore in another Dovecot-setup? I think the fastest way of doing this is to hook up a Dovecot-installation that you can connect to using IMAP and migrate the old messages with either Kerio IMAP migration tool or imapsync to the new boxes.

KR,

Joris
Previous Topic: IMPORTANT: Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Service Pack 2
Next Topic: Kerio Outlook Connector not connecting outside of the network
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 00:26:10 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00398 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.