Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Automated file upload to Workspace
  •  
sszever

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

We scan many files into searchable PDF. Is it possible, to make an FTP User for Kerio Workspace and upload this files from the network scanner automatically?
Or have someone an idea, how to scan over network to Kerio Workspace?

One other, similar function we need is automated synchronization from an FTP, SMB share. Our system make some copies from invoices, orders, etc. and save it as PDF files into an FTP, SMB share. But we have to upload it to Workspace.

Maybe we can scan to E-Mail, or we can make this invoice copies to E-Mail too. Is it possible, that Workspace download this attachments over POP3, IMAP? Or we generate for every File Library an E-Mail Adress...

Is there a solution for this problems?
I don't find anything in Workspace 2 RC1.
  •  
willoneal

I'd like an answer to this question as well - it would be a cool feature to be able to scan to a directory, have that directory either sync, or be on workspace itself. then users can relocate the documents to the proper location inside of Workspace.
  •  
sszever

I think the best for me would be add every file library an unique E-Mail address.
The workspace would download the messages with attachments over POP3 (for Example the "Invoices" file library downloads the mails with attachment from invoices<_at_>mydomain.com, and add every attachment to the file library).

Or add a function, like the Delivery in Kerio Connect, but the delivery to target is not a mail address, but a file library.
  •  
BudDurland

I think the concept of being able to assign an e-mail address to a file library is a pretty good one, and it probably pretty do-able. Not sure about FTP sync.

Nearly all the document management systems I've come across have a dedicated PC that is the "scan station", that basically manages the upload activity. It seams to me that it would be a trivial matter to set up an unused PC with the KWS client synchronized to a set of local folders, and have a batch process to keep the local folders updated from the network/FTP site/Whateber.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
Previous Topic: Preview microsoft publisher files
Next Topic: Conflict resolution in workspace 2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 13:41:36 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00368 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.