Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » BIG PROBLEMS with Kerio 7.4 and 7.4.1 (No emails in inbox unless I restarted Outlook)
  •  
bigfishinnet

Send a private message to this user
OH dear what has happened?

Ever since updating to version 7.4 and then to 7.4.1 my business has to restart outlook for emails to appear in there inbox!

Its great they move to paid support and problems start appearing!

We are using outlook 2007 fully patched. We have an IMAP account and a kerio account in outlook.

user starts pc and then starts outlook = no new emails. Restart outlook they all coming flooding in. The same process applies after a period of time with outlook being shut down - start it and no new emails restart it and emails.

Thunderbird works fine. Emails are coming in on the IMAP account and we use Kerio for contacts and calendar sharing.

All clients are Windows 7 fully patched.

So far i have tried clearing the cache, using http as opoosed to https and adding a pause to select a default profile when outlook starts - and nothing works can anyone confirm this type of behaviour?

AV client is AVG free.

KERIO can you help?

Stephen
  •  
manyhats

Have you tried to switch the AV software? I used to be a big fan of AVG but have found their latest offering interfer with to many other applications. Do you have anything in error logs? KOC or KOFF?
  •  
AndreasL

Confirmed. AVG 2012 plugin in Outlook 2007/2010 crashed silent and block everything. This happen after updating the KOC from 7.3.x to 7.4.x
With Kerio 7.3 everything work well.

Who have to fix it? Kerio or AVG?

[Updated on: Mon, 04 June 2012 08:17]

•  
bigfishinnet

Well I can confirm AVG has nothing to do with my situation. First i disable AVG email scanner everything the same. No emails from IMAP (not kerio) server is appearing. Then I remove AVG and reboot and no problems - emails appear first time.

In all cases it appears kerio is running ok but the 7.4 and 7.4.1 has somehow stopped my IMAP server working. It works fine in Thunderbird even if AVG is installed.

THIS IS A KERIO ISSUE.

Can anyone lese confirm the behaviour with a Kerio account and another IMAP account, can some add a seperate IMAP account to test.

Still not looked at the logs yet but I am not sure I will find anything as it is not kerio that is not working it is what Kerio is doing to the outllok and the IMAP server that is the issue.

Stephen
  •  
AndreasL

Stopping AVG E-Mail scan (from AVG control panel) doesn't resolve the problems inside Outlook. You have to disable the AVG plugin.

In Outlook 2010 go to:
File -> Options -> Add-Ins, down below press the jump-to button and there you can disable the AVG plug-in by un-checking it.

After this was done, Outlook with KOC works well.

I can not identify any problems with Thunderbird running IMAP with enabled AVG E-Mail scanning.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 June 2012 10:19]

•  
bigfishinnet

I have already tried that. Nothing but the Kerio plugin loaded EVERYTHING else removed. So far the only way I have managed to overcome thi sissue is to create a complete new outlook profile and load the new accounts again. Kerio account setup first time and then IMAP. I f I try it the other way round (setup IMAP acc and Kerio) it just causes outlook to crash.

No that is teh point Thunderbird works fine but in some form or other there are issues with an IMAP account and Kerio account in the same Outlook profile and maybe this was realsied updating from 7.3.3 to 7.4 and 7.4.1 but now with 7.4.1 if delete the profile and create the kerio account first everything works as it should even with AVG.

I must admit I have never had a problem with AVG .

Odd but working so far.

Stephen
  •  
bigfishinnet

Actually I take it all back! I still have the same issues. The problem has started again.. Can anyone else confirm this behaviour?

Stephen
  •  
Quentinb

I can confirm I have the same issue. Raised it with Kerio support and they are now demanding payment from me....

Tried clearing the cache and imap folders etc. Problem started with 7.4.0 and thought 7.4.1 would fix it, but it did not.
  •  
bigfishinnet

It is a very odd problem. It does not matter if you start outlook in safe mode either

outlook.exe /safe

It appears that the issue occurs just the first time Outlook starts.

Can you confirm if starting outlook in safe mode makes any difference?

Stephen
  •  
Kedar

I can confirm a fix for this issue is planned to Kerio Connect 7.4.2 (it will be released in few weeks)
  •  
bigfishinnet

Well thank the Lord.

Can you confirm what the issue was? Is there a bug report or something?

Well done for fixing it.

Stephen
  •  
Kedar

A problem is caused by incompatibility of Kerio Outlook Connector Offline (KOFF) and AVG 2012. Temporarily disabled AVG plugin in Outlook should help for most installations.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 June 2012 17:02]

•  
bigfishinnet

Hmm. I can confirm this issue is also apparent on PC's that do not have AVG installed or any such plugins.

Stephen

•  
Quentinb

I am not running AVG, I run SEPP (Symantec endpoint Protection) but the issues I am having are almost the same.

It happens with random clients/users where we receive emails from a week ago appearing in their inbox a week later in Outlook.

Mails are in sync with Server, Webmail and BB or iPhone/iPad. Only Outlook is behind.

Looking at the KOFF logs, there are a ton of 404 messages. Busy running the debug log on the server but it grows to about 5GB in one day!!!
Previous Topic: Issue with KCB 3 User Fail to Initialise
Next Topic: Public Calendars Just Disappeared
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 02:16:31 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00570 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.