Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Firewall WAN Timeouts but router fine (Internet gets dropped via firewall while via router still works)
  •  
GazzaBot

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We have recently installed Kerio Control 7.3.1 build 4142 (with Sophos AV) for a client and are experiencing regular (every 7 to 12 minutes)Internet connection losses for 1 to 2 minutes.

Kerio is installed as a Hyper-V XP (with SP3) machine on a Windows 2008 R2 server with 6gig RAM, 3gig allocated to the Virtual firewall.

I did a ping comparison between a pc direct on the router and the firewall itself - only the firewall gets reply timeouts.

I cannot find much in the Kerio logs nor the Windows logs - this entry in the Warning log looks closest to something that could cause this but the entries are too few and don't line up with all the disconnection incidents:

[05/Jun/2012 14:33:42] Particular network traffic lost or was modified by conflicting software or Kerio Control driver disabled on some interface!

Any ideas, please Sad

Tks
GazzaBot
  •  
Piskota

Hi GazzaBot

I use Cerio control in Hyper-V server, but i not the windows version. The windows version Control not use very well the hyper-v LAN interface.
Try to install the Software Appliance edittion in hyper-v server
  •  
GazzaBot

Hi Piskota,

Thanks for the reply. We are looking into testing the software appliance for future installs.

In the mean time I changed the network card in the server to a different make and it solved the problem.
Previous Topic: configure Dynamic dns for outside access of mail
Next Topic: DHCP - With 192.168.2.1/23
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 23:29:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00371 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.