Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Solved -- KOFMSP.DLL missing? (suddenly missing from established accounts???)
  •  
manyhats

Send a private message to this user
Today I have had 10 users report this error:

Cannot open your default e-mail folder an unexpected error has occurred Mapi was unable to load the information service KOFMSP.DLL. be sure the service is correctly installed and configured

They are from multiple physical sites. Common thread is they are working from 64 bit Win 7/Server 2008 R2 machines and all go back to the same mail server. Some of these accounts have been in use for over a year w/o issue. AV has not flagged, deleted, blocked, or notified me about anything odd. It was not our update night so the software is the same this morning as it was last night (except Kerio). The logs from every computer come back clean for atleast a week. Some of the computers get shut down when not in use and others do not so a reboot doesn't do anything. The file KOFMSP32.DLL is installed on each machine. Trying to re-register DLLs doesn't fix the issue. And the issue doesn't follow the profile, it is on the machine. The only fix I have found so far is to uninstall KOFF and reinstall KOFF. Running a repair install doesn't work and I can't delete and recreate the profile until I do the uninstall and reinstall. If it was one or two (maybe three) I could write it off as flaky Windows software but this many issues?

7.3.1 patch 2 build 6199 with the connector downloaded from the mail server.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 June 2012 13:27]

•  
Filip Stehlik

It may be problem with PATH on affected machines. KOFF folder has to be in PATH, for proper run. What was the related software change? KOFF update? If so, can you provide installation logs from machine where no uninstallation / installation was done yet?

[Updated on: Mon, 11 June 2012 13:18]

Filip StehlĂ­k
Kerio Technologies
  •  
manyhats

Thank you for the response. For my particular environment we are still using 7.3.1 and have not tried to update to the 7.4.x yet (perhaps I was not clear on that). Simply uninstalling and reinstalling the connector fixed each user's problem for the 7.3.1 Kerio install. And I have not had any issues since. Hopefully others upgrading can be helped by this response.
Previous Topic: Multiple Entries in Custom Rules
Next Topic: Registration problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 22:30:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00385 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.