Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Email client to use with VDI (How to use Kerio Connect from a VDI environment)
  •  
mrialsjr

Send a private message to this user
We are exploring the possibility of implementing a VDI solution from Citrix. I can't find anyone that is running VDI that is using Kerio Connect as their mail server. I'm curious as to what my options are if I choose to not establish persistent desktops for the users. The idea is that they use various disk images depending on how they as a user are configured to connect. If a group of users are essentially going to be using the same image or computer if you will how can I configure a mail client for them that uses Kerio Connect. In this type of setup when they log off the next time they log on they are essentially connecting to a fresh computer. Is there a way to use Outlook as the client but not have the user make use of the Offline Connector?

I hope this is a little bit clear.
  •  
dr.pepper

Same problem!
We're preparing the MS Office 2010 package to publishing single applikations like Outlook via Citrix Application Streaming. To use the Kerio Outlook Offline Plugin you need to expand the main office profile by installing the plugin in the isolated profile.
The installation works fine, but closing the profile fails.

We have the possibility to add some files or folders in the existing profile. Does the plugin works by only add the required files into their specific outlook folders?

Please give us some help!

Many thanks and best regards,
Christian
  •  
dr.pepper

We've a workaround for the problem.
After exclude the Update Service and only install the plugin, the integration in outlook streaming profile works.
Reason: The Update Service creates a system service. Publishing a service is not supported!

Previous Topic: Stop the Kerio back-up?
Next Topic: kerio vs MUTT
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 11:20:25 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00410 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.