Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Session timeout
  •  
pcunix

Send a private message to this user
OK, this is strange.

When I first installed Workspace, quick session timeouts were driving me crazy. I looked in the config file and found nothing. I then looked in the tomcat web.xml and found that was set to 30 minutes, so that wasn't it.

But then I upgraded to 2.0 and the quick timeouts stopped. Or at least that's what I thought happened, so I didn't give it any more thought.

But today a customer (using 2.0) says his timeouts are annoyingly short, so actually I must have accidentally done something else.. but have no clue what..

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
pcunix

Ooops - belay that.

Customer tells me that his timeouts are 30 minutes, so I'll have him try adjusting the Tomcat config. Of course I expect that will get overwritten by upgrades - shouldn't this be an admin panel setting?

Tony Lawrence
  •  
pcunix

And also: which one matters?

Tomcat docs say

The web application properties listed in conf/web.xml will be processed as defaults for this web application. This is used to establish default mappings (such as mapping the *.jsp extension to the corresponding JSP servlet), and other standard features that apply to all web applications.
The web application properties listed in the /WEB-INF/web.xml resource for this web application will be processed (if this resource exists).

In kerio/workspace tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml session there is

<session-config>
<session-timeout>14400</session-timeout>
</session-config>

which would seem to be a long, long time if that one is minutes but short - pretty much what I was seeing originally (4 minutes).

So?

Tony Lawrence
Previous Topic: Workspace & Connect on same server
Next Topic: PDF file preview - sometimes not working
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 00:00:08 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00396 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.