Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Inviting others to meeting in public calendar in Outlook (Problem using the public calendar to book meetings in Outlook)
  •  
dahlenu

Send a private message to this user
I have a client who is using Outlook 2010 with Kerio Connect 7.3.1. They have a public calendar where they add appointments and events for everyone to see. They would also like to add meetings where they invite colleagues to this public calendar.

If user X tries to do this, inviting colleagues Y and Z, X gets a message from Outlook saying that since the meeting isn't in the calendar for this account, replies to this invitation will not be registered. If X still send, the meeting is booked in the public calendar and Y and Z get their invitations. If they answer "yes", the meeting will be booked in their private calendar, not the public one. The meeting in the public calendar will be visible to all, but it will say that answers from the invitees haven't been received.

So, my question is: is this a limitation in Outlook or Kerio? I have tried to set admin rights for everyone in Kerio for the public calendar and also the public folder.

It sounds to me that this is a limitation in Outlook, but perhaps it is a setting in either Kerio or Outlook?
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

Info message that replies won't be tracked is really from Outlook. When meeting reply is delivered, Outlook is searching just default Calendar for original meeting.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
  •  
chrisrosa

Pavel Dostal (Kerio) wrote on Thu, 14 June 2012 02:05
Info message that replies won't be tracked is really from Outlook. When meeting reply is delivered, Outlook is searching just default Calendar for original meeting.

I don't think this is the case. You get a similar error message if you try to add an invitee via webmail.

So I'm guessing this is a limitation with CalDAV?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/G7xvc.png[/img]
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

Limitations of Outlook and Connect are similar now Smile

In your case, you got warning from Outlook, exactly as I said. Outlook displays same warning if you create meeting anywhere outside of your default Calendar folder, no matter if you are using Kerio Outlook Connector.

Nevertheless Connect is not able to handle your scenario with any other client either.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
  •  
chrisrosa

Any idea if this is part of the CalDAV spec? I'd like to read up on this a bit further. Any reference in Kerio docs? Thanks
Previous Topic: Default event duration
Next Topic: WP 7.5 (Mango) email deletion problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 03:00:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00466 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.