Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Offsite fax forwarding
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We currently run a fax server. We'd like to switch to using a 3rd party SaaS fax service.

We have incoming 10 fax lines that are part of our PRI.

Is it possible for those lines to come into Operator, and then for Operator to forward them to an offsite, 3rd party fax number?

Would we need to include something like the Cisco PAP2T adapter or will Operator natively forward the T38 fax protocol in good order?

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

unfortunately the T.38 codec is currently not supported by Operator.

You can try to make it work by using G.711, but I can't promise that it's going to be 100% reliable.

You would need to force the interface for outgoing calls to use G.711 and if possible configure the receiving faxes to use lower speeds. I'm not sure whether this is achievable with your chosen SaaS fax service. I'd suggest you to contact them and ask on their experience with G.711.

In case you want to forward some PRI lines offsite, you have create Speed Dials and use them in Call Routing.

I don't understand how you intended to use the PAP2T adapters.

Best
Filip
  •  
fishtech

Thanks for the info.

I will try and find out from eFax and MyFax (the providers we are looking at) whether they will support G.711.

Re. the PAP2T devices, I am purchasing for internal use since we need to retain 2 internal fax lines.

Following this thread <http://forums.kerio.com/t/20531/fax-converter/> I was wondering if a PAP2T wold help with faxes we plan to forward offsite. I was thinking maybe we can loop the fax via a PAP2T to the provider , but I guess that is not possible and would not help. You can probably tell I am outside my comfort zone Smile

Many thanks,

ft.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

If you plan to 'loop' incoming calls to some external service, you can do that with Speed dials on Operator, as Filip mentioned above. You don't need an ATA for that.

Vladimir
  •  
fishtech

Hi,

FWIW, I tried looping faxes to an off-site fax company (eFax) using routing & speed-dial. I tested using a POTS line.

The looping works great - the receiving fax line can be heard answering the call. But but there is an error on the sending fax and transmission does not occur.

I emailed eFax support regarding using lower speeds but did not get a reply from them.

We are working around this issue.

Regards,

ft.
Previous Topic: Digium TDM410 Card
Next Topic: Two ip:s for one sip-interface?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 17:51:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00446 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.